Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lubrication bar in cleaner unit. c3002

Hey Guys,

I have a problem with the wax lubrication bar getting clogged with toner and getting gunk on the drum. The drum is in good shape and not a yield. The lubrication bar is not in the parts manual. scraping the old bar to a clean and level state works short term, but always comes back. Does anyone have a solution for the original problem or a source or part number for the wax lubrication bar.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by homer; 01-10-2023 at 06:09 PM.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: Lubrication bar in cleaner unit. c3002

These people sell such things.

CET USA - Products
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Hey Guys,

I have a problem with the wax lubrication bar getting clogged with toner and getting gunk on the drum. The drum is in good shape and not a yield. The lubrication bar is not in the parts manual. scraping the old bar to a clean and level state works short term, but always comes back. Does anyone have a solution for the original problem or a source or part number for the wax lubrication bar.

If the wax or plaster bar gets dirty, the problem must be looked for upstream, how many pages did the pcdu produce? Sometimes the drum, even if it has exceeded its useful life, does not actually appear old or worn out, while instead it is and must be replaced together with the development.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    Hey Guys,

without particular data in hand (prints, pm, and more) I'd say it's normal.
    You have to clean and vacuum everything, probably the frequency of cleaning interventions on the pcu depends on how the machine is used, and how many life remaning to the pcu...equalize the bar with a file, and clean it
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    without particular data in hand (prints, pm, and more) I'd say it's normal.
    You have to clean and vacuum everything, probably the frequency of cleaning interventions on the pcu depends on how the machine is used, and how many life remaning to the pcu...equalize the bar with a file, and clean it
    MPC3002 is pretty old - if this is a low meter machine it's possible that the unit is from the initial setup and ~10 years old. Both cleaning blades inside the drm unit might have loosened their "softness" over time so cleaning actions won't last long.

This is a problem that only happens with the c3002 models. Since the the c2500 (2007), the same pcu structure has been identical up to the c3002 (2012). The lubrication composition has changed. The only model I have seen this in is the c3002. I assume the changes were to pretend the yield could be 300k. The machines I have, ranged in all volume situations. The all do this way before the estimated yield. They Have done this since the beginning of this model. The pcu changed in newer models to get higher yields. The yield on the c3003 jumped to 400k (they make that yield).

The climate in the winter in my area has very low humidity, lower than 20% and sometimes lower than 10%. This might be a contributing factor. I only use OEM parts and supplies.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

The wax composition has been changed in the MPC2500, too: Old style looks like neutral candle-wax and the new style like chalk. The chalk one did really improve the yield performance - all in all we had no issues and the MPC2500 series PCU suddenly lasted waaaaaay longer as indicated in the PM table.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    The wax composition has been changed in the MPC2500, too: Old style looks like neutral candle-wax and the new style like chalk. The chalk one did really improve the yield performance - all in all we had no issues and the MPC2500 series PCU suddenly lasted waaaaaay longer as indicated in the PM table.
    The problems I've found with the chalk bars is the tendency to get more toner dirty and therefore less lubricating the brush as well as leaving residue on the surface of the drum.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    The problems I've found with the chalk bars is the tendency to get more toner dirty and therefore less lubricating the brush as well as leaving residue on the surface of the drum.
    I would think that think that is more a problem with the lubricant application brush and the spreader blade.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I would think that think that is more a problem with the lubricant application brush and the spreader blade.
    if I remember correctly in the 3002 only black has the chalk bar and even more thickness and only with black I found this problem