Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh IM C300 hook broken

I don't normally work on Ricoh so I don't have a source for parts. I am not Ricoh authorized, but hoping someone can help me out with a source I could order a simple door latch from. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh IM C300 hook broken

Have you tried contacting a supplier or repairer in your area or country?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The first thing that you need to do is put a request in the Service Manuals Request forum for the service manual and parts catalog for the IM C300. Hopefully someone will offer to email them to you free. I just did a quick search and you can download the Service Manual from Manuals lib free. Ricoh IM C300 Manuals | ManualsLib

You can also get some parts, mostly PM parts, from Precision Roller. Ricoh IM C300F Supplies and Parts (All)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The first thing that you need to do is put a request in the Service Manuals Request forum for the service manual and parts catalog for the IM C300. Hopefully someone will offer to email them to you free. I just did a quick search and you can download the Service Manual from Manuals lib free. Ricoh IM C300 Manuals | ManualsLib

You can also get some parts, mostly PM parts, from Precision Roller. Ricoh IM C300F Supplies and Parts (All)
    Thank you for your detailed response. I had located & downloaded the manual and I have the part number I need, but the local dealer will not sell it without also charging for a service call. I'll check with Precision Roller. Thank you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sbtiti View Post
    Thank you for your detailed response. I had located & downloaded the manual and I have the part number I need, but the local dealer will not sell it without also charging for a service call. I'll check with Precision Roller. Thank you.
    Post the part number you need and the make and model in the Forum The Parts Room. There are plenty of Ricoh techs on here who are willing to help. You might even find someone located near enough to Orem, Utah for you to drive to. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/the-parts-room/

You can also just do an internet search. Just search the part number preceded by Ricoh.

I am retired so no longer have access.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Google the part number if it's a common part that breaks you'll find numerous suppliers online selling it worldwide.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Question Re: Ricoh IM C300 hook broken

It appears I now know why this hook that holds the side door on both the C300 and the C400 models was broken: I was working on a C400 because the duplexer door (right side) would not open. I was about ready to force it open but I finally found a way to remove the pin that the hook latches onto to keep the door closed. After removing the pin or post through the front, I was able to open the door.
    I have not found the cause of this issue and could not see an adjustment that would rotate the hook further so I replaced the nylon or plastic band (thinking it must have stretched). This did not fix the issue and the hook still does not move enough to release the door. If you have any ideas how to adjust this please send me a hint.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

It appears I now know why this hook that holds the side door on both the C300 and the C400 models was broken: I was working on a C400 because the duplexer door (right side) would not open. I was about ready to force it open but I finally found a way to remove the pin that the hook latches onto to keep the door closed. After removing the pin or post through the front, I was able to open the door.
    I have not found the cause of this issue and could not see an adjustment that would rotate the hook further so I replaced the nylon or plastic band (thinking it must have stretched). This did not fix the issue and the hook still does not move enough to release the door. If you have any ideas how to adjust this please send me a hint.

get this...lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Red face Re: Ricoh IM C300 hook broken

Thank you for sending this Tech Notice. Looks like what I am looking for. If you have one in English, that would be appreciated but I can probably OCR this and then have it translated. I really appreciate the time you have taken to reply.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Thank you for sending this Tech Notice. Looks like what I am looking for. If you have one in English, that would be appreciated but I can probably OCR this and then have it translated. I really appreciate the time you have taken to reply.

unfortunately in Italy, they are only in Italian, however I am sure you will translate it easily
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)