Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post RICOH MP 5001 developer issue

Hi team,

I am new in this forum, working in a school using a RICOH MP 5001, when printing or copying pages are blanc, changed toner but getting same issue, checked some videos on YouTube so i decided to to check developer unit, by mistake i discard the Black developer powder thinking that is a toner part .

Now i'm asking if can use developer black power belong to a second copier (RICOH Also) in my MP 5001 ?
    What could be the issues of the blanc pages ?

Thank you for your help !

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    RICOH MP 5001 developer issue

Re: RICOH MP 5001 developer issue

With all due respect, you're in way over your head - especially after what you've done yourself.
    As the saying goes...."a little information can be a dangerous thing".
    Cut your losses and call a tech.
    To answer one question, NO you cannot use developer from a different model unless it's the same family (Unlikely).

Retired 10,000+ Posts

First thing to do is determine why you are getting blank prints.

Usual causes are light from the laser unit being blocked and developer not on the development roller.

When you changed the toner, was there a large amount of toner under the toner bottle in the toner bottle tray? If so. strewn toner has possibly gotten onto the laser shield glass. Remove the toner tray and the PCDU and then thoroughly remove ALL strewn toner from inside the 5001. Also checked the opening of the drum that is toward the toner tray and remove any toner that is there as well. Once you have removed all toner that is anywhere that toner is not supposed to be, remove and clean the toner shield glass, see service manual.

Check the drive for the development roller. If either half of the coupler is missing or not functioning properly, the development roller will not be turning and therefore toner will not be delivered to the drum. Also check to quantity of developer in the unit. If it has been throwing developer, there may not be enough to properly put toner on the drum.

As to your question about using other developer, what model Ricoh. Toner/Developer have to match what is specified for the particular model. There is what is referred to as the recipe number on the developer bags and the toner bottles. Those have to match. The 40/50 and 25/45 page per minute are extremely sensitive to the supplies used in them. Put in the wrong thing and print quality goes right down the toilet.

One other thing to check is the paddle shaft in the development. It is under the development roller and mixes the toner and developer and delivers it to the development roller. It is driven by the large knob like gear on the back end. If that is hard to turn or turns with out turning the paddle shaft, then developer has gotten into the bearings. The entire development unit will need to be replaced as Ricoh not to provide the parts needed to repair because of the extreme difficulty to do so.

They are a good work horse of a machine but you have to maintain them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    First thing to do is determine why you are getting blank prints.
    Who knows what the original cause was, but one of the reasons now is that he stated that he dumped the developer out.

Youtube technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Who knows what the original cause was, but one of the reasons now is that he stated that he dumped the developer out.

Youtube technician

Do you know that for the same device i could change the fuser cleaning web myself and it worked for a long time before getting the current issue, a second point this forum is offered to different kind of nation, so what ever your location if you can call a technician by phone or you are able to pay it, other person may be doesn't have this option and have to deal their self with issues . thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by cosaw View Post
    Do you know that for the same device i could change the fuser cleaning web myself and it worked for a long time before getting the current issue,
    No, I did not know that, but Did you know that I've changed lightbulbs, and Wiper blades on my car and they too worked for a long time, but when my transmission started slipping, I didn't empty all the fluid out and wonder why it seized up.
    Know your limits, and play within them

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    No, I did not know that, but Did you know that I've changed lightbulbs, and Wiper blades on my car and they too worked for a long time, but when my transmission started slipping, I didn't empty all the fluid out and wonder why it seized up.
    Know your limits, and play within them
    And definitely YouTube is the worse place to get advice on how to do something.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Just take the web unit off, it doesn't need it. Dev part number is B2969640. Use original dev. Pour it in and follow the procedure in the service manual to initialise it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cosaw View Post
    Hi team,

I am new in this forum, working in a school using a RICOH MP 5001, when printing or copying pages are blanc, changed toner but getting same issue, checked some videos on YouTube so i decided to to check developer unit, by mistake i discard the Black developer powder thinking that is a toner part .

Now i'm asking if can use developer black power belong to a second copier (RICOH Also) in my MP 5001 ?
    What could be the issues of the blanc pages ?

Thank you for your help !
    Completely blank? Like nothing? You can use another pcdu from a like machine to troubleshoot, just don't exchange the developer.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward829 View Post
    Back pain is a common and debilitating condition that affects millions of people every year. It is defined as pain that is felt in the lower back, which can range from mild to severe and can last for a few days or even for months. backpaincareguides.com
    This fucking spammer doesn't get the message, nobody is interested in hits crap.