Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    PCU mileage for CMYK in mpc3003,c4503 etc.

Hi there

I have been struggling to believe the PCU life in the Ricoh C..03 series starting from C3003.
    If I were to believe the manual, I have to change it around 400k for black and 270k (individual read) for CMY at 5%.

Here are my questions:
    1) Has anyone hit the mark of 400k for K for C3003/3503 series,if yes,
    2) What was the monthly avg. black volume for reaching the 400k and
    3) Is it possible to be able to achieve 400k black target with 10 black volume/month for general office environment (5%).

Thank you in advance.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: PCU mileage for CMYK in mpc3003,c4503 etc.

Target monthly volume for maintaining reliability is 5K in the C3003 and 10K for the C4503. Color ratio for both is 30%.

If you have a customer who is consistently less than 80% of those targets, they are being under utilized. You then need to analyze what the size of the average job is. Targets are based on 6 to 10 pages per job.

One thing to look at in the PM counters is the Distance %, SP 7942. If anything is much over 100%, it is time to replace. It means that the average pages per job and or the average jobs per day are low. This causes an increase an increase it the time PCDUs, ITB, PTR and fusing unit are rotating with no paper passing the PTR.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

I agree, the distance counters are the bette indicator and pretty realistic. If they break the 100% target the page counter for the k unit is probably around 330k-400k pages. I never investigated the statistics (pages/job) of these machines since I had no issues with them. But I can tell that these are way less unforgiving when they run in low-volume or low pages/job enviroments. They are also pretty resistent against aging - they are on the market for ~10 years and I see returners that still have the initial units running.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satins View Post
    Hi there

I have been struggling to believe the PCU life in the Ricoh C..03 series starting from C3003.
    If I were to believe the manual, I have to change it around 400k for black and 270k (individual read) for CMY at 5%.

Here are my questions:
    1) Has anyone hit the mark of 400k for K for C3003/3503 series,if yes,
    2) What was the monthly avg. black volume for reaching the 400k and
    3) Is it possible to be able to achieve 400k black target with 10 black volume/month for general office environment (5%).

Thank you in advance.

Yes we pretty much see these go over PM life & still produce a good quality print.

If you start getting quality issue / lines replace the charge roller this extends the PCU life even more.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If you replace just charge unit D0BQ2071 { when you have lines} you can get more life out of them then changing the complete pcu

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes we pretty much see these go over PM life & still produce a good quality print.

If you start getting quality issue / lines replace the charge roller this extends the PCU life even more.
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKON View Post
    If you replace just charge unit D0BQ2071 { when you have lines} you can get more life out of them then changing the complete pcu
    I have had them go nearly double on the page counts. Here across the pond Ricoh didn't make the charge rollers available before I retired so I had to clean them. Also checked the lube bar at the same time. If there was less than 4mm remaining at either end, it was time ti order a new one.