Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ricoh C4504ex SC-672-00

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    And let it sit for a while - I recall that I was close to giving up fixing a MPC306 but I decided a last resort by just waiting while slowly wrapping up my stuff. I think the screen just showed some firmware update error all the time but after ~20 minutes suddenly I heard a "beep". The update ran in the background while not showing any progress intel in the screen. Guess it's worth a shot.
    Deeply want to know if you recovered the MPC306 through Manually updating or Automatically one. some hints are appreciated. Because I found Nic card's two lights flashing all times in spite of operation panel clearly show SC672-00. My case is DHCP not activated , it is OFF. very pretty to do that , always setting IP address manually. Customer's IP address scheme is different mine, I checked the router that Printer IP address is not registrated.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by peterxu256 View Post
    Working on the code (SC-672-00) on my C4504 for a couple of weeks, still not solving the problem...
    the Service Control Board (D238 5662 for C4504, and D238 5663 for C5504) are very expensive to be ordered from OEM, much higher than a used machine, Plus the labor fees, No customer is willing to absorb the higher cost than that of buying the used one.

Past experiences with the Same code on old model machines were relatively easy to be solved, usually a couple of days to solve in addition to 99.99% not necessary to change the Control board.

Following TSB's "when SC672 (Controller Start up error) is displayed" one by one , still not lucky at all , smart operation panel was tested Good on another good Machine. USB Cable is time-consuming to remove it for testing on another good machine, The New Type cable called USB 3.0 Micro B Male to Micro B Male , Market is widely available to USB 3.0 Type A Male to Micro B Male alternately using USB 3.0 <10-pin> Male <.....> USB Type A Female Adapter. Result is negative, screen is blank, no power to supply to screen, system is running.

Therefore hereby is appreciated to know USB cable OEM # even assumed the original USB cable is still good.

Case by case, my SC-672-00 was triggered by the initial SC878-00 ..> TPM authentication error, as per report by customer . Power OFF/ON, turned into SC672 from SC878

I have a lot of difficult to understand the code SC878 , Update of system module attempted without correct update Path. Is there something wrong with Remote Auto Firmware update procedure caused by OEM firmware data base error?
    Looking for comments on the code SC878?
    I am new to Ricoh. Controller board means IPU Board? and if anyone can share firmware of ricoh c4504ex because I want to try it before replacing the board

Thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    I am new to Ricoh. Controller board means IPU Board? and if anyone can share firmware of ricoh c4504ex because I want to try it before replacing the board

Thanks
    Two Different Board at all. do not try it. not logical to be able to update firmware while the Error code pop up, no communication at all.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    In my experience with this issue try updating the firmware with the right door open & all toners removed.

If the device won't start the firmware update then yes you will need to replace the controller board.
    I missed this one!...I have to try at the first opportunity...but how did you get there?
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post

Thanks
    you could write a book about the sc672, or make some cool t-shirts, however, I recommend you follow the troubleshooting block diagram for the sc672 which you can find attached numerous times here on the forum.
    it essentially involves following the flashing of the LEDs on the controller, the status of which gives an indication of what the CPU sees.
    it could also be resolved simply by unplugging and reattaching the controller, or updating the firmware, or displaying a USB cable... or even as happened to me some time ago, after having washed the controller board with alcohol and a brush, the problem disappeared, and is no longer got back
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    you could write a book about the sc672, or make some cool t-shirts, however, I recommend you follow the troubleshooting block diagram for the sc672 which you can find attached numerous times here on the forum.
    it essentially involves following the flashing of the LEDs on the controller, the status of which gives an indication of what the CPU sees.
    it could also be resolved simply by unplugging and reattaching the controller, or updating the firmware, or displaying a USB cable... or even as happened to me some time ago, after having washed the controller board with alcohol and a brush, the problem disappeared, and is no longer got back
    HOW ABOUT ASK chatGPT4 TO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THE SC672? IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THAT? THINKING OF OUR PRINTER INDUSTRY MERGED INTO OpenAI TECHNOLOGY

Technician

Possible things that cause this code are controller nvram, power supply failure, drum short circuit

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh C4504ex SC-672-00

Here is a useful troubleshooting guide on the SC 672 error.

Troubleshooting - SC672-00 to 13.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Surely, it will be a silly question. Where is the reference code of the USB communication cable between 'CTL' and the 'Operations Panel'?
    I can't find it anywhere.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh C4504ex SC-672-00

Quote Originally Posted by UNICORNico View Post
    Surely, it will be a silly question. Where is the reference code of the USB communication cable between 'CTL' and the 'Operations Panel'?
    I can't find it anywhere.
    Try the Point to Point diagram.