Problem with printih RICOH MPC 4503

Hello everybody, i am new here.
    Also i bought second hand printer RICOH MPC 4503.

For first it was printing fine ( I needed time to explore everything). Later that day it printed few dirty small lines on the back of paper, and changed color of printed pictures (i will attach the photo, left one is new less color quallity pictures, the right one was first printed and more better color, i had the same settings 1200x1200 printed). I checked the level of toner and they are more then 60% (some of them are 80%), what can be problem ? Also when i define to bypass dimension B5 and put bypass tray, paper stuck in exit roller , but when its autodetected paper its dosent stuck (same paper), but in that case when i put more copies its copy only 1, only when i put format it would copy multiples time, but then it stuck in exit roller.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Problem with printih RICOH MPC 4503

Two things to consider:
    1. First thing to check is the type and thickness of the paper you are printing on. Thicker paper requires slightly higher transfer currents for top quality.
    2. Whom ever sold you the C4503 may have slightly over toned the machine to peak the print quality

Make sure that the image Density sensor is proper cleaned(if you are not a trained tech, have one come out to do it) then run Auto Color Calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Two things to consider:
    1. First thing to check is the type and thickness of the paper you are printing on. Thicker paper requires slightly higher transfer currents for top quality.
    2. Whom ever sold you the C4503 may have slightly over toned the machine to peak the print quality

Make sure that the image Density sensor is proper cleaned(if you are not a trained tech, have one come out to do it) then run Auto Color Calibration.
    Thanks for ansering, i check the type and thickness and i changed that first time and second time when printed and its same problem, second time is like less presentation color, i cleaned transef unit and all thing down of them. How is doing over toned ? I done Auto Color Calibration test, i will post pictures in attachemnt. I will check for Density sensor also but i dont know what is the problem.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david91 View Post
    Thanks for ansering, i check the type and thickness and i changed that first time and second time when printed and its same problem, second time is like less presentation color, i cleaned transef unit and all thing down of them. How is doing over toned ? I done Auto Color Calibration test, i will post pictures in attachemnt. I will check for Density sensor also but i dont know what is the problem.
    Are you change paper settings in the driver or in user tools on the C4503?

Doing ACC with a dirty ID sensor is an exercise in futility. You should also make sure the optics are clean.

With ACC , after you print, you have to place the print on the platen in accordance with the instructions on the print out and then press Start and the C4503 will scan it. In the Copier portion, if there are any differences between the image scanned and the stored image that was printed, ACC adjusts the scanning to compensate. In the Printer portion the stored image is passed through the printer engine which is then adjusted

Are you change paper settings in the driver or in user tools on the C4503?

Doing ACC with a dirty ID sensor is an exercise in futility. You should also make sure the optics are clean.

With ACC , after you print, you have to place the print on the platen in accordance with the instructions on the print out and then press Start and the C4503 will scan it. In the Copier portion, if there are any differences between the image scanned and the stored image that was printed, ACC adjusts the scanning to compensate. In the Printer portion the stored image is passed through the printer engine which is then adjusted
    i changed in the driver, but already set on user tools for thicknes in bypass, but size of paper and quaillity image and thicknes also changed in driver.
    Also when i print second side of paper, on the first print is good but every second print (give to print exemple 50 copies) it print me on back page some small rectangle on the botton of the page

Retired 10,000+ Posts

i changed in the driver, but already set on user tools for thicknes in bypass, but size of paper and quaillity image and thicknes also changed in driver.
    Also when i print second side of paper, on the first print is good but every second print (give to print exemple 50 copies) it print me on back page some small rectangle on the botton of the page
    Those small rectangles appear to be from an of a number of problems.
    Dirty charge roller
    Drum cleaning blade
    ITB cleaning unit
    Could also be that someone set charge and bias control to Fixed

Those small rectangles appear to be from an of a number of problems.
    Dirty charge roller
    Drum cleaning blade
    ITB cleaning unit
    Could also be that someone set charge and bias control to Fixed

Thanks for answering, how i can fix that problem? Should i call profesional service or i can clean by myself? But its strange to me that when i print first page, small rectangles dosent apper on back side, only when i start to print another page (i print duplex manualy because it dosent support duplex on thicknes 4 paper )

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

You bought a cheap used machine and expect it to produce excellent quality on jobs that are out of specification, WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    You bought a cheap used machine and expect it to produce excellent quality on jobs that are out of specification, WTF?

How is job out of specification ?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for answering, how i can fix that problem? Should i call profesional service or i can clean by myself? But its strange to me that when i print first page, small rectangles dosent apper on back side, only when i start to print another page (i print duplex manualy because it dosent support duplex on thicknes 4 paper )
    If you want to do it yourself, start with replacing the black PCDU and possibly all 4 PCDU.