Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C406 no wim access

MP C406 no wim access

Hi, All. I have a c406 that I set up in the shop and all was working fine. After delivering to the customer, it will print just fine, but their network guy cannot access the WIM. Any ideas? BTW, I am really not a network guy.
    What should the network security level be set at?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C406 no wim access

Re: MP C406 no wim access

level 0 ,under User Tools, then check if the same IP is set on another device, update the firmware. , in case connect it separately on a laptop.
    also check SP5-828-091

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C406 no wim access

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    level 0 ,under User Tools, then check if the same IP is set on another device, update the firmware. , in case connect it separately on a laptop.
    also check SP5-828-091
    if iit has ever been set to anything other than 0, other things that were also changed w be greyed out but will still affect network operation.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP C406 no wim access

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hi, All. I have a c406 that I set up in the shop and all was working fine. After delivering to the customer, it will print just fine, but their network guy cannot access the WIM.
    Just to be clear, Mika......can you confirm you were able to access the WIM prior to delivery?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hi, All. I have a c406 that I set up in the shop and all was working fine. After delivering to the customer, it will print just fine, but their network guy cannot access the WIM. Any ideas? BTW, I am really not a network guy.
    What should the network security level be set at?
    I don't know if it can help you, but it often happens that my browser doesn't open the page, the mf search the ip address on internet with Google.
    try doing this.

type "[win]+R" and "http://ip address" or "https"

you can also try to set sp 5985-001 and 002 to 0, reboot, and set again sp 5985-001 and 2 to 1, and reboot again

another way its to check sp 5828-091 as set to 1 this enable web service, if already 1, set to 0 and reboot, set again to 1, and reboot again

can also do same thing on sp 5885-020 bit 1 (second from right) set 0 reboot, and set 1 and reboot, must be 1, this permit the user mode access
    Last edited by luca72; 09-14-2023 at 08:41 AM.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C406 no wim access

I checked 5828-91, all good there. I did lower the security level to "0" from custom, and rebooted. I was then able to access the WIM from my laptop with a patch cable. It is now in the hands of the onsite IT guy. A new network jack had been installed, maybe there was/is an issue with it.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP C406 no wim access

print the network report page. look at the IP address. turn off the copier. unplug the network cable. and then try to ping that IP address. i would be willing to bet that something else on the network is using that IP address...change the IP address to one that isn't being used and let it bump.