Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    462
    Rep Power
    27

    Error E86: No Valid Data

    Hello,

    We have these 50+ number of machines IM C2500/3500/3000 series all connected to a print management called MyQ.
    All of them were installed more than a year ago with their stock firmwares. Now, I wanted to upgrade the firmwares but on my first try of IM C2500, it gives me the error E86.
    I tried using both USB and SD Card to update the package. USB on the O-panel's side, and SD Card for both O-panel and controller side. Tried an older firmware as well but no luck.
    Moving on, i went to another device and still the same. I have checked if the Firmware update setting is prohibited but it is enabled. Tried the RFUT to schedule it but still a no go.
    I am afraid to update it thru @remote because i know in the middle if something happens it will definitely kill my controller board.
    Has anyone experienced the same issue? What fix have you done?
    THanks
    Aye! Cut the crap

  2. #2
    Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Shitsville, UK
    Posts
    3,848
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Can you not just update it on the machine using the application site or SP mode? That way you can see it's not getting tampered with.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

    Hit it.

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Error E86: No Valid Data

    dalewb74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    831
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    tried using a different SD?

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Try the SD card in the controller service slot.

  5. #5
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Error E86: No Valid Data

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    34,011
    Rep Power
    984

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Quote Originally Posted by tjvincent View Post
    Try the SD card in the controller service slot.
    He said he tried that

  6. #6
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Error E86: No Valid Data

    slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    34,011
    Rep Power
    984

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Have you tried using RFU firmware through WIM?

    The MyQ has an application may be blocking updates if it is trying to manage memory device printing. It may have an imbedded update tool that has to be used.

    Try uninstalling it on one machine and see what happens.

  7. #7
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Error E86: No Valid Data


    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,656
    Rep Power
    86

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Do it through @remote. I do it every day, it works flawlessly. Also turn on auto firmware update SP5886-111 to 1

  8. #8
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Error E86: No Valid Data

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,487
    Rep Power
    180

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    Hello,

    We have these 50+ number of machines IM C2500/3500/3000 series all connected to a print management called MyQ.
    All of them were installed more than a year ago with their stock firmwares. Now, I wanted to upgrade the firmwares but on my first try of IM C2500, it gives me the error E86.
    I tried using both USB and SD Card to update the package. USB on the O-panel's side, and SD Card for both O-panel and controller side. Tried an older firmware as well but no luck.
    Moving on, i went to another device and still the same. I have checked if the Firmware update setting is prohibited but it is enabled. Tried the RFUT to schedule it but still a no go.
    I am afraid to update it thru @remote because i know in the middle if something happens it will definitely kill my controller board.
    Has anyone experienced the same issue? What fix have you done?
    THanks
    Extract the .pkg file with a program like WinRar to a folder called romdata, copy this folder to your SD card & then update using this method. This will overwrite the temporary firmware currently installed.

    Last edited by copier tech; 10-25-2023 at 09:56 PM.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk




  9. #9
    Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    462
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Have you tried using RFU firmware through WIM?

    The MyQ has an application may be blocking updates if it is trying to manage memory device printing. It may have an imbedded update tool that has to be used.

    Try uninstalling it on one machine and see what happens.
    I need to try RFU thru WIM but then I have to upload 600+MB file to the printer. Knowing browsers now don't show the status of the progress while uploading, this might pose a challenge.
    I also uninstalled MyQ btw, but still gives the same error.

    For SD Card, I have tried different ones, 4GB, 8GB and 2GB. I even used the SD Formatter app to wipe everything just to make sure I am not missing anything on SD.

    Now looking at the Service Manual for the SP Modes that were changed by MyQ while deploying it.
    Aye! Cut the crap

  10. #10
    Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    462
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Error E86: No Valid Data

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Extract the .pkg file with a program like WinRar to a folder called romdata, copy this folder to your SD card & then update using this method. This will overwrite the temporary firmware currently installed.

    Thanks for this, I have it extracted and will test with the client.
    Screenshot 2023-10-26 093525.jpg
    Aye! Cut the crap

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here