Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Cool Re: Who installs the printer in a company

Quote Originally Posted by MIGUELMARCHENA View Post
    Of course, I take advantage and do maintenance once to justify the service and value. I have never charged for 5 minutes...it's more...I leave the service as a courtesy but in this case what I'm commenting on is that they want if someone new arrives today and tomorrow and on Monday Wednesday, you go and install every day. there is no remote access for security.

Once it happened to me that, according to the lady, no one could repair her machine, Lanier 7313 something like that, I arrived and was lucky enough to catch the problem in 2 minutes... I couldn't even afford Coca-Cola. After 3 months he called me for the warranty. how are you.

greetings
    Heh Lanier 7313 was Toshiba BD1340/50/60/70... piece of cake very good and reliable super easy to work on I still see some of them in field.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Who installs the printer in a company

at our place,

We deliver the copier and we install the driver for them. there are some cases tat the clients IT side always install the wrong driver or sometimes they use WSD port even when we give them the right direction to install the printer. But if the customer is from a far distances, I would build the driver package and let them install by themselves.

The problem here is every time they have a new employee, does computer refresh or employee transfer from other department (big company) they would called us to do printer installation. kinda like almost everyday there is a call for printer installation like sometimes we get called for printer installation for 1 person , sometimes 5

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Of course, it's embarrassing to charge for 5 minutes. The problem is that for them, your time is not worth it, they don't care about the travel, the wait, etc. for something that they, as those in charge of the network, would do in 5 minutes on average and it is even faster. They also do not give access to team viewer or anydesk. Now, if that were not the case, and we are the ones who must install, Ricoh would not provide the installation CD or the end user and network administrator manual. I have no problem helping, the thing is that they make it an obligation and even more so those in technology. Every day they format a PC, or a new colleague arrives, they expect you to come for FREE and do it...and tomorrow...and the next day...every day they expect a visit so you can install the driver. greetings.
    Its exact the same for us... They say "but it takes only 5 minutes and you charge 50 Euros?".... But they dont know that they pay for experience, knowledge and professionality..... Not only for the time.

But the same customers dont care if they had to pay 1500 Euros for a phone that is worth less then 400 euros....or waste money for their companies because of lights left turned on overnight or air conditioner left on overnight.

Inviato dal mio SM-S901B utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Senior Tech 250+ Posts DRichard's Avatar

Excellent idea.
    I will be analyzing and assuming it. We are the same, I am self-employed, I work alone and I attend to about 80 machines and those calls are overwhelming. Your way of working will be very useful to me. greetings
    As with ANY business that grows and becomes more successful, at some point you either stop accepting more business/customers OR expand your operation by hiring additional help or partner up with someone to assist with the "sideline" duties like your networking responsibilities. It seems to me that this is where you now find yourself. Good luck.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Who installs the printer in a company

Quote Originally Posted by DRichard View Post
    As with ANY business that grows and becomes more successful, at some point you either stop accepting more business/customers OR expand your operation by hiring additional help or partner up with someone to assist with the "sideline" duties like your networking responsibilities. It seems to me that this is where you now find yourself. Good luck.
    +1
    Growth is found only in adversity.