Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MPC501SP vs MPC2004ex

Re: MPC501SP vs MPC2004ex

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    yeah i agree totally. but we know most people don't read the label. and you know what happens with the wrong paper in a laser copier. has been awhile, but i have seen scorched paper inside a machine.
    Yeah with a lot of photo glossy paper for inkjet the glossy is a thin plastic film on the paper. It melts and adheres to the fusing belt.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC501SP vs MPC2004ex

Quote Originally Posted by brianprints View Post
    I'm hoping someone can advise me on which used ricoh I should purchase. My main concern is accurate reproduction of photos. It's relative since I'm currently printing from a kyocera ECOSYS P8060cdn. I don't need or have the bandwidth to setup and use a firey. I want something that out of the box or with little effort can produce as photo realistic results at speed (20+ ppm).

A dealer has two options:

Ricoh MPC501SP
    <10k prints

MPC2004ex
    65k prints

Both are $3,500. I'd like to stay under $5,000 unless there's a huge benefit to going higher which I haven't seen. I was offered a new IMC2500 for $5,775. Any thoughts on these or others is appreciated. Thanks!
    I would look for another dealer. Those prices are way high.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brianprints View Post
    I'm hoping someone can advise me on which used ricoh I should purchase. My main concern is accurate reproduction of photos. It's relative since I'm currently printing from a kyocera ECOSYS P8060cdn. I don't need or have the bandwidth to setup and use a firey. I want something that out of the box or with little effort can produce as photo realistic results at speed (20+ ppm).

A dealer has two options:

Ricoh MPC501SP
    <10k prints

MPC2004ex
    65k prints

Both are $3,500. I'd like to stay under $5,000 unless there's a huge benefit to going higher which I haven't seen. I was offered a new IMC2500 for $5,775. Any thoughts on these or others is appreciated. Thanks!
    depends on what kind of quality you mean, with new consumables, and the correct settings in the driver (thick paper, high resolution, and quality mode) you can get really good results, as long as the drums and everything are new, as someone says here, although excellent, they are office machines, not for taking photos of weddings and baptisms, or photographic exhibitions, even if the result is really excellent, I personally have printed a lot of DVD covers for myself, and nothing to say about the quality, the price is really exaggerated, if you were a dealer and you find the right supplier, with half, or even less, you would take home a remanufactured 2004 with almost all new parts and the counter reset... if you are a dealer in the sector ...Obviously
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)