Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scan tok mail

Technician

Re: Scan tok mail

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    That was discontinued for most users during the pandemic. If you are using a "free" gmail account, forget it. If you are using a corporate, paid for, Google Workspace, account there are a couple of ways. Each has restrictions.

This article is for Google Workspace administrators who want to send email from devices or apps in their organization or domain. If you're a Gmail user who wants to send email from a device or app, contact your organization's administrator. Send email from a printer, scanner, or app - Google Workspace Admin Help

The first option is using a relay server. It can be either Google's relay service, which your organizational administer has to add to the corporate account and configure. Or you can use a third party relay which Stunnel is an example.

Also check with your internet service provider. Some also provide email relay service. Like Google, they provide it but you have to configure and manage it.
    And another mail server other than Gmail, that is free and does not have SSL?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pakobernal View Post
    And another mail server other than Gmail, that is free and does not have SSL?
    Slim answered that already. You're not going to find a reliable email provider that doesn't require TLS, nor would you want to use one.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Slim answered that already. You're not going to find a reliable email provider that doesn't require TLS, nor would you want to use one.

The problem is that mp201 gives the following message in the ssl/tls security option:
    SSL/TLS is not available without device certificate installation.

Can this problem be solved in any way?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

That's TLS for the web interface, not SMTP. All of the settings you need should be under Email.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Scan tok mail

The problem is that mp201 gives the following message in the ssl/tls security option:
    SSL/TLS is not available without device certificate installation.

Can this problem be solved in any way?
    You can export a certificate from your browser and then import to your MP 201 using WIM. Here is a Knowledge base article from 2011 that explains the procedure. Of course the browsers have changed but adding a Site Certificate to using WIM is still the same How do I setup SMTP over SSL on a Ricoh Family group device.pdf

Technician

You can export a certificate from your browser and then import to your MP 201 using WIM. Here is a Knowledge base article from 2011 that explains the procedure. Of course the browsers have changed but adding a Site Certificate to using WIM is still the same How do I setup SMTP over SSL on a Ricoh Family group device.pdf

Thanks, I'll try

Technician

Good afternoon, although I have followed the manual that you sent me in the link, I have managed to install the certificate, but the machine still does not scan to email, any ideas?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Scan tok mail

Good afternoon, although I have followed the manual that you sent me in the link, I have managed to install the certificate, but the machine still does not scan to email, any ideas?
    The machine will not support any email requiring encryption.

You'll need to either find a workaround like SMTP2go or Stunnel, or upgrade the unit.