Thread: MP3055

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

MP3055

I purchased this copier last year from leasing company to upgrade a rental customer of mine. I farm out all IT work if customer doesn’t do it themselves. This customer does their IT and is having an issue I’ve seen with other older units. They send a print job and it goes to an error stating on copier screen that what is sent doesn’t match with paper size resulting in having to go to copier choose desired drawer(letter or ledger) and then continue. If print job is more than one print this has to be done for each print. My experience of this result from printing from the web. This customer is printing material they had been printing with old copier. They did say when they first started using copier it worked perfectly. I’m guessing this just recently started; doubted they would have been dealing with this for so long without calling me. Little advice please.
    Thanks!!!!

Technician
    MP3055

Re: MP3055

Sounds like the wrong print driver or possibly the print driver set up as a windows WSD port. They need to make sure it is a TCP/IP port and not WSD.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP3055

Some setting in the document concerning the paper does not match the settings at the MP 3055. There is a setting in User Tools to tell the 3055 to use the job (computer/command) settings instead of the machine settings.
    Last edited by slimslob; 01-24-2024 at 11:17 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Download the correct driver and use ip address and problem will be solved.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    I purchased this copier last year from leasing company to upgrade a rental customer of mine. I farm out all IT work if customer doesn’t do it themselves. This customer does their IT and is having an issue I’ve seen with other older units. They send a print job and it goes to an error stating on copier screen that what is sent doesn’t match with paper size resulting in having to go to copier choose desired drawer(letter or ledger) and then continue. If print job is more than one print this has to be done for each print. My experience of this result from printing from the web. This customer is printing material they had been printing with old copier. They did say when they first started using copier it worked perfectly. I’m guessing this just recently started; doubted they would have been dealing with this for so long without calling me. Little advice please.
    Thanks!!!!
    use pcl 6 driver, and try to verify that in user tools>printers settings, stay on "auto-continue=immediate"
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    Thanks!!!!
    Hi, tcypy1961. Go to User Tools -> Printer Settings and check whether Auto Continue is switched on (Set it to Immediate). I have had this resolve this very issue. But, as others have said - PCL6 and TCP/IP and NOT WSD.

Sorry, Luca72 , hadn't seen your post when I added mine!

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    MP3055

Does it happen on *every* print job?

If not, some aplications (MS Office, Acrobat Reader) might ignore the driver settings and send their own paper formats.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord F View Post
    Sorry, Luca72 , hadn't seen your post when I added mine!
    I believe you can give the same answer as others, they don't necessarily all have to answer differently, especially since that tends to be the solution... I receive at least one/two phone calls a week for that problem
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)