Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3004ex  black drum unit procedure

Ricoh MP C3004ex black drum unit procedure

Hi guys, I picked up a new customer this morning, and when I was speaking with her on the phone yesterday, she told me they were getting black lines only when they fed stuff through the document feeder, she said if she laid it on the glass no lines, and if they sent a print job there was no lines. I thought this will be easy breezy, I went there this morning (45 miles one way) and she lied to me!! It prints and copies from the glass and dock feeder with lines on pages. An internal total page count print out shows a couple of lines on the sheet . There's not a lot of lines, but it definitely happens from printing as well.. anyway, My question is.... Is there a procedure that I need to know in order to change out just the black drum unit, not the developer unit? But I'm actually looking to have some guidance in replacing just the black drum unit and the procedure to do that. Also, is there a place where I can get this at a reasonable price? eBay is outrageous, precision roller is pretty high, and they don't have it in stock either. Is there any Ricoh guys in here that are willing to maybe sell me the black drum unit for the MPC3004EX machine? If you are willing to, send me a message through email /private message. It would be greatly appreciated.

I found a few drum units on eBay, but they're in China and it will be until March before it would be delivered.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP C3004ex black drum unit procedure

The problem is a dirty "slit glass". That is the narrow glass that the originals slide over during scan. Use an alcohol prep to clean it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I'm guessing that you didn't see that I wrote, I get the lines from the internal prints also, so it's not a scanning issue, that's what the customer told me she was having, was a scanning issue. But when I arrived I get the lines with internal prints, so I wanted to replace the black drum unit, I'm looking for that procedure including service mode as well.

Quote Originally Posted by copykat93 View Post
    Hi guys, I picked up a new customer this morning, and when I was speaking with her on the phone yesterday, she told me they were getting black lines only when they fed stuff through the document feeder, she said if she laid it on the glass no lines, and if they sent a print job there was no lines. I thought this will be easy breezy, I went there this morning (45 miles one way) and she lied to me!! It prints and copies from the glass and dock feeder with lines on pages. An internal total page count print out shows a couple of lines on the sheet . There's not a lot of lines, but it definitely happens from printing as well.. anyway, My question is.... Is there a procedure that I need to know in order to change out just the black drum unit, not the developer unit? But I'm actually looking to have some guidance in replacing just the black drum unit and the procedure to do that. Also, is there a place where I can get this at a reasonable price? eBay is outrageous, precision roller is pretty high, and they don't have it in stock either. Is there any Ricoh guys in here that are willing to maybe sell me the black drum unit for the MPC3004EX machine? If you are willing to, send me a message through email /private message. It would be greatly appreciated.

I found a few drum units on eBay, but they're in China and it will be until March before it would be delivered.
    The issue will be contamination of the charge roller - this will be because the lubricating bar has worn away. Remove the charge roller unit from the bottom of the PCU housing and you will probably see lines that match the location of the lines on the printed page. Gently clean this roller with water (NOT alcohol or anything similar as it will remove the conductive coating) and refit back into the unit. You will have print a few pages just to clean up the image but then should be OK. This is only a short term fix as the charge roller will get contaminated again due to the depleted lubrication bar. Depending on the volumes, it may be worthwhile cleaning the charge rollers of the other PCDUs as well whilst you're in there. You can change just the black unit (indeed CMY also), they are designed to be separated and fitted independently of one another as the dev unit PM cycle is greater than that of the PCU.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks guys... I did clean charge roller & still 2 lines, that's why I was wanting to do the Black drum unit. I need the black drum unit & the procedure to replace it, I have split these units on similar models, but not on this model. That is why I was asking for the procedure to replace the black drum unit only. Like simulation mode & what other procedures are involved in sim mode to make sure I do it correctly? Do you have a recommendation or a contact for this drum unit that I need? Thanks a bunch

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Thanks guys... I did clean charge roller & still 2 lines, that's why I was wanting to do the Black drum unit. I need the black drum unit & the procedure to replace it, I have split these units on similar models, but not on this model. That is why I was asking for the procedure to replace the black drum unit only. Like simulation mode & what other procedures are involved in sim mode to make sure I do it correctly? Do you have a recommendation or a contact for this drum unit that I need? Thanks a bunch
    Not posting youtube videos because I do not want to promote spare parts from any given company. A Youtube search of MP C3004 drum rebuild will get you the info you need.

Fair warning, Ricoh PCDU's are one of the most expensive in the copier industry. You will be surprised by the replacement cost of the full unit if you damage the developer or other parts during this.
    If it works, don't touch it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

have you removed the PCDU to inspect it?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Come on man, of course I did!! I don't work on a lot of Ricoh's, so I came in here to ask for some guidance, that's all, my main line of machines is Kyocera... I picked up a new customer and thought I could help her, but I wanted to be sure if I'm able to find just the drum unit, I do not want to rebuild the drum unit I want to find a drum unit assembly that does not include the developer unit with it. If I can find that for a reasonable price, I wanted to be sure that I do it correctly, on install after splitting and adding the new drum unit, what do I do in simulation to let the machine know that a new black drum unit has been installed? It's really not that difficult of a question, I just wanted to be sure I do the customer justice in making sure that I install it correctly and use the appropriate simulations. I apologize if I'm in a group that maybe doesn't want to help a guy that works on Kyocera, my apologies. Have a great day.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Come on man, of course I did!! I don't work on a lot of Ricoh's, so I came in here to ask for some guidance, that's all, my main line of machines is Kyocera... I picked up a new customer and thought I could help her, but I wanted to be sure if I'm able to find just the drum unit, I do not want to rebuild the drum unit I want to find a drum unit assembly that does not include the developer unit with it. If I can find that for a reasonable price, I wanted to be sure that I do it correctly, on install after splitting and adding the new drum unit, what do I do in simulation to let the machine know that a new black drum unit has been installed? It's really not that difficult of a question, I just wanted to be sure I do the customer justice in making sure that I install it correctly and use the appropriate simulations. I apologize if I'm in a group that maybe doesn't want to help a guy that works on Kyocera, my apologies. Have a great day.

Mate this isn't a Ricoh vs Kyocera thing. It's just techs being careful because we often get end users coming here to try to fix a machine that needs a proper technician.

I already suggested to you on YouTube what to search for. If you had searched it you would have seen the SP mode at the end of the videos.

Anyways a quick Google search will show you service manual for this. There is another user here that sells them.

I don't distribute it as I don't want problems with Ricoh
    If it works, don't touch it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Check Your PM...
    Larhal

Part time retired. OK more retired than part time.

If all else fails read the Service Manual!

If that fails, meet me at the pub and we will discuss it, maybe, probably not we are at the pub!