Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP C3004ex  black drum unit procedure

Re: Ricoh MP C3004ex black drum unit procedure

Other than the access code for the Service Program, it is in the service manual. And that was changed years ago, And no it is not to be mentioned in an open forum. IT WAS CHANGED BECAUSE TO MAY UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE WERE BRICKING MACHINES. Also it can be changed.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I guess slimeslob feels threatened by a Kyocera guy wanting some help on a Ricoh machine, it's shameful that one tech can't help another..... Blatantly said NO! when I asked for help.... Things that make ya go hmmmm

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copykat93 View Post
    I guess slimeslob feels threatened by a Kyocera guy wanting some help on a Ricoh machine, it's shameful that one tech can't help another..... Blatantly said NO! when I asked for help.... Things that make ya go hmmmm
    You've been RED carded and reported. FYI, I do not provide company confidential information. It would be a violation of Forum Rules General Rule 6. "Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed."

Oh BTW you have also won a spot on my Ignore List along with the rest of the brain dead liberals.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

WOW!!!.... All I asked for was help to get into simulation & you acted like it was asking for the code to launch rockets to another country.. You do need to lighten up just a little bit... ALL of us technicians need help every now & then, But I guess you have the secret code to helping or NOT helping a tech.

And by the way... I would never feel threatened by a tech asking for help, but you certainly do feel the threat.

And just for your own food for thought... If you ever need help on any device, I am always willing to help !!

Take care big guy!!... It is crazy to me that you wouldn't help out another tech, but to each his own. MY APOLOGIES!

And let it be known, I did not ask him for any procedure on the forum... After he stated that it shouldn't be talked about on the forum, I sent him a private message..... and he said NO!!!.... not sure what else I could have done

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copykat93 View Post
    HEY GUYS!! The customer called me back today & said that they found a drum unit & they want me to install it... I don't know if it is the drum unit only or if it is the entire Drum/Developer unit.. Either way, I need some help to be sure I am prepared when I get there. If it is just the drum unit, that is pretty straight forward to split the unit & install the new drum unit, but if it is the entire Drum/Developer unit, WHAT is the procedure to set up the new entire unit? I believe I know the procedure to get into Simulation (clear w/diamond, Clear/Stop, then 1 0 7 then hold clear/stop for a few seconds then copySP, then what is next?) but what category & numbers will I need to do & in what order should it be done?

I appreciate your help

I'd get them to send you pic of the part before you attend, It could be for another machine etc.

Here's the service manual, have a read up on how to replace the PCU.

https://mega.nz/file/lc1HxYTb#TO098b...YHKGhV6piutcbU
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    I'd get them to send you pic of the part before you attend, It could be for another machine etc.

Here's the service manual, have a read up on how to replace the PCU.

https://mega.nz/file/lc1HxYTb#TO098b...YHKGhV6piutcbU

Thank you so much... This site is the best.. I appreciate you all!!

Hello, regarding the MPC 3004 black drum, maybe we can help you solve it. Likewise, I am a staff member from China who specializes in the production of copier consumables and accessories.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

https://youtu.be/KNff-nE2374?si=GQhKgIRRmjSoDN0V

shows how to separate unit. before replacing it will need to go into service mode and go to sp3071 select blk pcu set to 1 then # if you only replace drum side. now turn off copier and replace part will reinitialize itself when you turn back on and should be ok.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    https://youtu.be/KNff-nE2374?si=GQhKgIRRmjSoDN0V

shows how to separate unit. before replacing it will need to go into service mode and go to sp3071 select blk pcu set to 1 then # if you only replace drum side. now turn off copier and replace part will reinitialize itself when you turn back on and should be ok.

Thank you to you and everyone that gave positive responses.. I went there this morning & installed their drum unit, No developer unit included, so I split the units & installed new one & it worked great.

I appreciate you all, Thanks a bunch!!!