Thread: mp 2014

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

mp 2014

Print cartridge

Because customer scratched the surface of the opc drum i replaced opc and blade. Ever since copier made about 15k copies after opc replacement. And now the above error message . I have not replaced developer.
    I executed SP2-801-001 and 2-802-001 but message remains. Any idea how to fix it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Re: mp 2014

Reset the corresponding counter through diagnostics.

Quote Originally Posted by Polo-022 View Post
    Reset the corresponding counter through diagnostics.
    How can i enter diagnostic mode . There aRE NO DIAGNOSTICS in service or operation manual.

mp 2014

you get the info from your ricoh rep. it is not freely given to the public. and it shouldn't be shared with the public. someone who doesn't know what they are doing can really mess up a copier. maybe even make it nothing more than a big paper weight. and no one wants to explain to the boss, hey i locked up the new $20000 copier. all because i thought i could fix it, but i have no clue to what i am doing. not saying you don't, im just saying. i have seen people really mess one up. and it was to the extent it cost a lot of money to repair.

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    you get the info from your ricoh rep. it is not freely given to the public. and it shouldn't be shared with the public. someone who doesn't know what they are doing can really mess up a copier. maybe even make it nothing more than a big paper weight. and no one wants to explain to the boss, hey i locked up the new $20000 copier. all because i thought i could fix it, but i have no clue to what i am doing. not saying you don't, im just saying. i have seen people really mess one up. and it was to the extent it cost a lot of money to repair.

I am a tech. I used to work with Ricoh machines but now i moved to Kyocera machines. In service manual there are not such informations. In what manual can i find those informations if you can;t send it to me?
    Here all companies sell and service more than one brand.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mp 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    Print cartridge

Because customer scratched the surface of the opc drum i replaced opc and blade. Ever since copier made about 15k copies after opc replacement. And now the above error message . I have not replaced developer.
    I executed SP2-801-001 and 2-802-001 but message remains. Any idea how to fix it?
    Not familiar with the MP 2014, but I noticed in the service manual they show having to disconnect a cable below the toner bottle tray in order to remove the PCU. I'm wondering, have you checked to see if the TD sensor cable is properly connected? It may have come loose or have a bad lead in it that is the source of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Not familiar with the MP 2014, but I noticed in the service manual they show having to disconnect a cable below the toner bottle tray in order to remove the PCU. I'm wondering, have you checked to see if the TD sensor cable is properly connected? It may have come loose or have a bad lead in it that is the source of the problem.
    I haven't checked it but as customer said it happened suddenly. I executed developer initiLIZATION WITH NO RESULT. anyway i will check it tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Finally found. Have to clear memory
    How to reset replacement required print cartridge on Ricoh MP 2014 - YouTube