Ricoh MP Cxx04EX series 4 language

Hello Friends,
    i would like to know how to use switch bits in service mode SP-5-009 to add switchable language to smart operation panel in MP C2004EX/4504EX/6004EX specially Arabic language i know that the control have the language but itís not in switchable language list also need to know language ranking number in list, actually I searched a lot and I didnít know how to do that.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP Cxx04EX series 4 language

In the service manual FAX Option Section 4.11.1 SERVICE RAM ADDRESSES you will find a list of the available languages. The machine languages are most likely the same. SP-5-009 is merely a simpler method of entering the numbers instead of having to actually access the memory addresses directly. BTW Arabic is not one of the listed languages.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In the service manual FAX Option Section 4.11.1 SERVICE RAM ADDRESSES you will find a list of the available languages. The machine languages are most likely the same. SP-5-009 is merely a simpler method of entering the numbers instead of having to actually access the memory addresses directly. BTW Arabic is not one of the listed languages.
    Actually Iím tried to change values and displayed Arabic language in switchable language but itís not complete for all content in option and icons only some options and icons names changed to Arabic and the other still in English and i think this indicates that the process of changing values not completed or need the correct values note that the firmware is updated to latest version by Ricoh firmware update tool in Middle East server.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed07 View Post
    Actually Iím tried to change values and displayed Arabic language in switchable language but itís not complete for all content in option and icons only some options and icons names changed to Arabic and the other still in English and i think this indicates that the process of changing values not completed or need the correct values note that the firmware is updated to latest version by Ricoh firmware update tool in Middle East server.
    No, it indicates that many icons may not have changeable language.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    No, it indicates that many icons may not have changeable language.
    i think you are right in this you are more experienced than me, of course, and I respect your opinion and your experience, but I will not despair of reaching a solution and I hope that you will help me reach it, especially since I contacted the Ricoh distributor inside Oman. He told me that it is possible for me to add the Arabic language, but he asked for a huge amount in exchange for adding the Arabic language to each printer and refused to give me the update files while I have More than 110 printers in different models of Ricoh printers, most of them are from MP Cxx04EX and MP xx55 series

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed07 View Post
    i think you are right in this you are more experienced than me, of course, and I respect your opinion and your experience, but I will not despair of reaching a solution and I hope that you will help me reach it, especially since I contacted the Ricoh distributor inside Oman. He told me that it is possible for me to add the Arabic language, but he asked for a huge amount in exchange for adding the Arabic language to each printer and refused to give me the update files while I have More than 110 printers in different models of Ricoh printers, most of them are from MP Cxx04EX and MP xx55 series
    He is most likely referring to having a custom firmware written.