Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

So I messed up... What are my options? MP C3002

So long story short- I messed up and cleared all my SP data on my Ricoh MP C3002.

Yes I know It's a big no-no.

I would like to know what are my options now? Is there a way to restore? Or am I screwed?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: So I messed up... What are my options? MP C3002

Is there a data sheet under the instructions sheet on the inside of the front door?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

If you have another MPC3002 you can restore the data from there, changing the serial number (gives sc995 the first time you turn the machine on).

If not, your machine should work anyway, the memory clear resets all the values to factory reset, before they set some values and print the sheet that you'll find in the front door.

Inviato dal mio SM-S901B utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PressingPrintz View Post
    So long story short- I messed up and cleared all my SP data on my Ricoh MP C3002.

Yes I know It's a big no-no.

I would like to know what are my options now? Is there a way to restore? Or am I screwed?
    You haven't even said how screwed up it is (if at all)?

You may just have to set your preferred settings back the way you (or the customer) wants them.
    The biggest issue with a full memory clear (in my experience) tends to be a background when copying or scanning in colour that can be difficult to resolve if you don't have the non-default page, but if that's not the case, it's often not that a big deal

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Yes I see it here. So would I simply have to go through line by line to get it back to where it was before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Yes, just put all those values back in and reboot. Probably should run auto calibration under maintenance after that.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

So after putting it all back in and rebooting, the test page looks like this… when I go to perform color registration, it tells me it cannot perform.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Yes I see it here. So would I simply have to go through line by line to get it back to where it was before?

To get it back to where it was when it left the factory configuration center. You should then clean the optics and ID sensor assembly. When those are clean run Printer SP 1103-002, Color Pattern. All colors should be aligned. If not then run Color Registration in User Tool Maintenance. If you get an error, either the ID sensor is dirty, bad or has been previously replaced and the values of SP3-362-013 and SP3-362-016 from the Birth Certificate are no longer valid. Finally run all Auto Color Calibration first for copy then for print.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

So after putting it all back in and rebooting, the test page looks like this… when I go to perform color registration, it tells me it cannot perform.
    As Tim said, first make sure the ID sensors are cleaned. If you still have an alignment issue, then many, many years ago I came across a post on this site describing a procedure to align colours when the basic Line position adjustment failed.
    It was originally relating to the old MP C2500/3500 or C2800/3300, but I've used it on more than a few occasions for other models as well -including the MP Cxx02 series and even '03's.

I refer to it as the Advanced Line Position Adjustment.

Here's the text I save from that thread:

• NOTES: Resetting ACC is that the calibration is written on top of the last calibration over and over. Therefore it becomes corrupt at some point, so the factory recall sets it back to default so you get a fresh start.

- ACC Recall SP5-610-4

- ACC Recall SP1-101-1 in Printer SP

- Process Control SP3-011-1

- Process Control Result SP3-012 -> 11111111 (Eg: 11(Y)11(C)11(M)11(K)
    Note: * Anything other than ‘11’ indicates a problem

- Line Adjustment C SP2-111-3

- Line Adjustment A SP2-111-1 Execute twice

- Printer Test Page SP1-103-2 in Printer SP

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Libe position on the Y and M may be too far out for ACC to pull them back in. If Sandy's steps are unable to pull it back in, you may have to do a manual adjustment. Start by using SP2-109-003 to print test patterns 1 Vertical Line (1dot) and 3 Horizontal Line (1dot). When aligned you would see single black Vertical and Horizontal lines. Instead you will see a black line with a yellow and a magenta line next to it. By changing values in SP2-101 you can move the position of the lines. Start with -002 Main Dot Magenta. Change by 100, either way and print the test patterns. You will then see what direction and amount the magenta line has moved. From there you can make a rough guess as to the real change that needs to be made to both magenta and yellow. -004 is for Main Dot Yellow and -006 and -008 are for the sub-line. You don't have to get them exact, just close enough for Forced Line Adjustment can handle it.