SR3250 Internal Finisher Late Jam

I currently have a Ricoh IM 5000 with an internal finisher, model SR3250. The problem I'm experiencing is a late jam while exiting the finisher, the page will stop either a quarter or half way out. There are no visible obstructions, or sc codes. What makes it more confusing is that the jam only occurs when the paper is in the paper tray in the portrait position. When the paper is situated landscape, there are no jams and prints without issue. I've tried switching control boards on the copier and finisher, changed the plug in point for the finisher, updated firmware and even switched entire finishers. Any advice is welcome, thank you in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: SR3250 Internal Finisher Late Jam

driver settings? copy settings?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

By portrait do you mean LEF, Long Edge Feed, or SEF, Short Edge Feed?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I had a problem like that. Try running out of a different paper cassette. Turned out in my case, the cassette guides were off to either the front of rear a little. That caused the side to side registration to be off, the internal finisher couldn't cope with it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctodus73 View Post
    I currently have a Ricoh IM 5000 with an internal finisher, model SR3250. The problem I'm experiencing is a late jam while exiting the finisher, the page will stop either a quarter or half way out. There are no visible obstructions, or sc codes. What makes it more confusing is that the jam only occurs when the paper is in the paper tray in the portrait position. When the paper is situated landscape, there are no jams and prints without issue. I've tried switching control boards on the copier and finisher, changed the plug in point for the finisher, updated firmware and even switched entire finishers. Any advice is welcome, thank you in advance.
    so, without jamming codes, the only thing I could think of that gives you problems is the worn/soft "gathering roller" (30 euros), if that's the case you can still remove it with soap and water and stick a normal rubber roller on it such as an AF03-2094 (always with soap and water to slide it onto the plastic)
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)