Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Prints from computer are washed in black.

Welp, the PTR was changed out to a brand new one and the existing issues are still present.

My questions-

What would cause vertical black lines to be much more prevalent on the test print in 600x600 resolution? It seems when I do 1200x1200 the issue is 80% better still visible.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PressingPrintz View Post
    Welp, the PTR was changed out to a brand new one and the existing issues are still present.

My questions-

What would cause vertical black lines to be much more prevalent on the test print in 600x600 resolution? It seems when I do 1200x1200 the issue is 80% better still visible.

well...I don't understand what machine it is? however, if it's physically possible, try to swap the drum cylinder and the charge unit from yellow to black, to see what happens.
    and try to clean and check the ground points, and the various conctact on the ITB that they touch well, (someone has had strange problems every now and then)
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    well...I don't understand what machine it is? however, if it's physically possible, try to swap the drum cylinder and the charge unit from yellow to black, to see what happens.
    and try to clean and check the ground points, and the various conctact on the ITB that they touch well, (someone has had strange problems every now and then)
    Its' a Afico MP C3002 300k clicks.

Here's what's been done:

New ITB, image drums, pressure rollers, developer and lubrication sticks in all units, fuser sleeve and pressure roller, paper transfer roller, new oem toner in all colors. Im starting to think this machine is haunted lol

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Prints from computer are washed in black.

Its' a Afico MP C3002 300k clicks.

Here's what's been done:

New ITB, image drums, pressure rollers, developer and lubrication sticks in all units, fuser sleeve and pressure roller, paper transfer roller, new oem toner in all colors. Im starting to think this machine is haunted lol
    Have you cleared Printer Application? That will reset any errors in the gamma settings. SP 5802-008

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Have you cleared Printer Application? That will reset any errors in the gamma settings. SP 5802-008
    Are you sure it’s 5802-008? Can’t find that option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you sure it’s 5802-008? Can’t find that option.

5-801-008
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    5-801-008
    So resetting the gamma settings like instructed did not make any difference. The tests for 600x600 come out bad but the 1200x1200 come out much better but the vertical black streaks are still visible towards the top of the page.

So resetting the gamma settings like instructed did not make any difference. The tests for 600x600 come out bad but the 1200x1200 come out much better but the vertical black streaks are still visible towards the top of the page.

I don't remember how now
    the cards of that model are engineered, but if it prints well from LAN, and not from USB, it could be the image processing channel of the USB part, I would try changing the IPU...

and I wouldn't trust that print test very much, in the past it happened that it was corrupt, and the machine was ok, but that test printed badly, use another one