Technician

im-c3000 firmware

A friend showed me how to install firmware on IM-C3000 through SP - update firmware ...etc but it seems to take about at least an hour. someone else suggested that if I had the firmware on a thumb drive it would only take about 20 min or so. If that is true how would I acquire the firmware? can someone send it to me, or can some one suggest where to buy it from.

So sorry to bother ya'all with such common stuff in this day and age but I getting to be kind of an old fart (pushing 70) and haven't dealt much with computers and such since win 2000. and the last copier that I was factory trained on was the Savin LTT 890 & 5040 liquid copiers. since then I have been just buying the manuals, reading them from cover to cover and going out and figuring it out. I have had a few friends along the way that have helped me out from time to time but most of them have either retired, quit the biz, or passed away.

So.....needless to say any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    im-c3000 firmware

Re: im-c3000 firmware

Just set SP5886-111 to a 1

Then it will update itself automatically.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    im-c3000 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by ksp View Post
    A friend showed me how to install firmware on IM-C3000 through SP - update firmware ...etc but it seems to take about at least an hour. someone else suggested that if I had the firmware on a thumb drive it would only take about 20 min or so. If that is true how would I acquire the firmware? can someone send it to me, or can some one suggest where to buy it from.

So sorry to bother ya'all with such common stuff in this day and age but I getting to be kind of an old fart (pushing 70) and haven't dealt much with computers and such since win 2000. and the last copier that I was factory trained on was the Savin LTT 890 & 5040 liquid copiers. since then I have been just buying the manuals, reading them from cover to cover and going out and figuring it out. I have had a few friends along the way that have helped me out from time to time but most of them have either retired, quit the biz, or passed away.

So.....needless to say any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.
    We can supply the latest firmware that you can use to update via USB pen. This is the safest & quickest method.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    im-c3000 firmware

Yoz can also use the Ricoh Firmware Update Tool, this is the easiest way.
    I don't care about who your father is, as long as I'm fishing here, you won't walk on water.

Technician

Thank you all for your input, But I was hoping someone would maybe send me the firmware to my email zipped and I could unzip it and put it on a thumb dive or something.

Technician

Is the firmware the same for the IM-C2000, C3000, C4500, C6000 ??????????? update #7.2 ????

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    im-c3000 firmware

Is the firmware the same for the IM-C2000, C3000, C4500, C6000 ??????????? update #7.2 ????
    There are 2 different firmwares, IM C2000 - C3500 and IM C4500 - C6000
    I don't care about who your father is, as long as I'm fishing here, you won't walk on water.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    im-c3000 firmware

Thank you all for your input, But I was hoping someone would maybe send me the firmware to my email zipped and I could unzip it and put it on a thumb dive or something.
    I think that's not possible. The download file of the package firmware is allready zipped, it has has about 693 MB.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    im-c3000 firmware

Why are you not turning on auto update? Turn it on, I should be all updated by Monday.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

as they have already suggested above, go to google and write "ricoh firmware update tools" download it, and update the machine in 10-15 minutes, this is more than enough for your machine, the file is pkg and is too large for send it to you and you would waste a lot of time to get the same result
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)