Technician

IM-C4500 2 drawer unit wont work

I just bought a IM-C4500 copier from a place I've known for years, that worked just fine at their shop but when it was delivered the drawer unit (2 drawer) wouldn't register on the op-panel. and the paper wouldn't lift. I took the back off to check to see what I could find and everything seems to be OK. Power light on so it has power to unit, so I'm thinking what the hell??? Just changed out the drawer with a known good unit and the same thing. It doesn't show up on the op-panel at all. My customer is getting a little antsy and I don't blame them. They payed me in good faith and expect some kind of results. I think I read something here a while back where someone ran into the same thing with a MP-Cxx04 and it turned out to be a firmware issue. If anybody has any experience in this I sure would love get your opinion on this matter, it has been driving me crazy. Thank you so much in advance.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    IM-C4500  2 drawer unit wont work

Re: IM-C4500 2 drawer unit wont work

Were the main unit and the 2 drawer paper bank separated for transport or not. If not and they were nit strapped together tight enough vibration during transportation may have resulted in the bracket(s) for one or both halves being bent and connection lost. To check the brackets will require lifting the main unit off the paper bank. Note, it is a recommended 3 man lift. When putting back together it is best to have 3 people. Two lifting and a third aligning the paper bank to insure that the connector is not damaged by being out of alignment.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

if it has the optional 2 paper banks . I have seen paper behind the lower cassette cause that problem.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

did you try the firmware update to see if that fixes it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksp View Post
    I just bought a IM-C4500 copier from a place I've known for years, that worked just fine at their shop but when it was delivered the drawer unit (2 drawer) wouldn't register on the op-panel. and the paper wouldn't lift. I took the back off to check to see what I could find and everything seems to be OK. Power light on so it has power to unit, so I'm thinking what the hell??? Just changed out the drawer with a known good unit and the same thing. It doesn't show up on the op-panel at all. My customer is getting a little antsy and I don't blame them. They payed me in good faith and expect some kind of results. I think I read something here a while back where someone ran into the same thing with a MP-Cxx04 and it turned out to be a firmware issue. If anybody has any experience in this I sure would love get your opinion on this matter, it has been driving me crazy. Thank you so much in advance.

We have many around, it's never happened, maybe some pins on the connector of the machine are bent, difficult to see since it's on the bottom, but you can remove it from the back of the machine and check it, the most serious thing to do would be to take it back to the laboratory , and try it on another machine, maybe the problem is precisely on the machine and not on the PB
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Technician

We had 4 people to lift up the copier. we were very careful just for those reasons also. I will Waite till I get the firmware in place and then see what is up. But, you make a good point . Maybe the problem isn't the plug in the PB but maybe it is in the copier pin itself. A interesting point. If it can be one, why can't it be the other. I will let you all know as soon as I can. Thanks so much for all of your input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksp View Post
    We had 4 people to lift up the copier. we were very careful just for those reasons also. I will Waite till I get the firmware in place and then see what is up. But, you make a good point . Maybe the problem isn't the plug in the PB but maybe it is in the copier pin itself. A interesting point. If it can be one, why can't it be the other. I will let you all know as soon as I can. Thanks so much for all of your input.
    For disperation you can also try to Copy the smc in SD card, and run sp801-engine and copyer, its gratis.
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    did you try the firmware update to see if that fixes it?
    Agreed, firmware first and foremost.
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!