Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Re: Cant open wim in any browser , he search ip on web(?)

It seems the pc dont "knows" the machine... Try first to make a ping at the broadcast adress in the CMD console (ex"ping 192.168.1.255)...and after that type Arp - a
    Now you should see all the mac adresses with their associated IP adress
    Can you see the MPC3004?... If not it can be a Arp problem... Try to reset the switch the Mpc its connected to. Or change the port on the switch. Had weird issues with malfunctioning Switches

Inviato dal mio SM-S901B utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

[SOLVED] I connected remotely, and to make a long story short, after a more in-depth analysis, I guided the customer by telephone to 3004, and had him enter the one of his modem as the 1st DNS (192.168.1.1) previously it started with 8.8.8.8 (google), which I then left as second, and now it doesn't work from chrome, but at least firefox works and I can access WIM, and then I solved the scanner problem, which was the strangely wrong password.Thank you all for your replies, and for your precious time.

Long life and prosperity!
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    [SOLVED] I connected remotely, and to make a long story short, after a more in-depth analysis, I guided the customer by telephone to 3004, and had him enter the one of his modem as the 1st DNS (192.168.1.1) previously it started with 8.8.8.8 (google), which I then left as second, and now it doesn't work from chrome, but at least firefox works and I can access WIM, and then I solved the scanner problem, which was the strangely wrong password.Thank you all for your replies, and for your precious time.

Long life and prosperity!
    I wish I could charge triple time for anyone with their primary DNS server set to an external source. The old trusim for network issues is almost always true: It's always DNS.