Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ricoh connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I had a machine vs switch problem once. It was a MP C2501. The initial call was Not Printing. Copying and scanning were fine. Cycled power and everything in the server queue printed out. After a short time of no new print jobs and it stopped printing again. Replaced everything I could think of and still kept doing. My boss talked to their owner and got them to swap it with another C2501 they had in a different part of the building. Problem stayed with the location not the machine. They replaced a 5 year old 24 port switch and no more problem.
    Would love to have seen a continuous ping with some pressure applied to that machine (ping [ip] -t -l 1500). Especially because scans were working...

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SC899 View Post
    Would love to have seen a continuous ping with some pressure applied to that machine (ping [ip] -t -l 1500). Especially because scans were working...
    Just to add to that, capture that result by redirecting it to a file by adding something like ">C:\pingresult.txt". Once you have that file, you can analyze it all day long with the tool(s) of you choosing.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh connectivity

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Just to add to that, capture that result by redirecting it to a file by adding something like ">C:\pingresult.txt". Once you have that file, you can analyze it all day long with the tool(s) of you choosing.
    I did try running ping. It ran without error but after a little over 5 minutes printing stopped. Looking back now, what might have helped would have been to use Wire Shark to monitor/capture traffic between the C2501 and the print server.

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    How do you redirect a ping to a file?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh connectivity

How do you redirect a ping to a file?
    This should help. How to Redirect Command Prompt Output to a File