Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Mpc 6004ex error

Mpc 6004ex error

Hi, All. I have 2 MP C6004ex sitting side by side at an account. The fusers look good, but there is a little popping noise from that area on both machines. When I tried to run the fuser motor in output mode, it immediately comes up with a "set fusing unit" error on both machines. I have never run into this particular problem.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Re: Mpc 6004ex error

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Hi, All. I have 2 MP C6004ex sitting side by side at an account. The fusers look good, but there is a little popping noise from that area on both machines. When I tried to run the fuser motor in output mode, it immediately comes up with a "set fusing unit" error on both machines. I have never run into this particular problem.

most likely it is the coupling between bearings and pressure roller, if so, I recommend using copper grease (the one you put behind car brake pads, to ensure they don't whistle when you brake ). I have tried numerous types of grease, with different compounds, the copper one it turned out to be the most durable and definitive, but watch out for trousers and clothes in general, it never comes off again.

While you're at it, check the wear of the two white gears, they wear out easily

if you have to run the fuser in sp mode, you have to remove the waste toner bottle, so the lamps don't activate, otherwise your sleeve will "crumple"

51f27GSYNeL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    "loneliness is an invention of the white man, when we are alone we talk to everything around us, we are never alone" (Ojibwa)

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Mpc 6004ex error

Re: Mpc 6004ex error

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post

When the fuser sleeve are near end of life they start to make a crackle type sound or check the machine history some engineers reset the counter to clear the 'replace fuser sleeve' message.

You get the fuser not set when you run the fuser drive while it is disengaged etc.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk