Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh 2060 staple light

Hello friends, i have an aficio 2060 with the staple light staying on. I have replaced the staples with the correct one but the light still stays on.
    Any ideas as to what the cause.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar
    Hard to say, staple units don't often go wrong.
    Could just be a staple is stuck or something is out of place.

I would start by inspecting the user changeable staple cartridge / try a different one.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    When the staple unit is re-installed can you hear the staple motor driving? the staples are driven towards the anvil and when the lead edge arrives the motor stops,normally 5-7 times in quick succession. If you don't hear that then either the staple unit sensor is faulty or the staples are not installed correctly.

ps there was a problem with the harness to the staple ass. It is covered in a grey plastic braid. Check this for damage where it rubs on the finisher lower cover, its a long shot as these should have been modified by now

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 2060 staple light

Most of the time when I see this, the staple cartridge is damaged: the actuator that hits the staple present switch on the head falls out. Try a different cartridge not just a refill. I have had a bad harness cause this too, but 50 to 1 it's been the staple cassette.
    73 DE W5SSJ

School District Tech 500+ Posts schooltech's Avatar
    I see this sometimes and it can be a pain. I have not yet changed out an assembly, but just swapping the cartridge with a brand new, boxed cartridge assembly (not a new refill pack) will not always fix this. I will take the assembly out, inspect it (but I don't really do anything but lube some of the actuators and make sure that everything that moves looks like they're moving ok) then reinstall. Most of the time, this fixes it. It may need the occasional connection reseat, or something is just sticking.

In any event, the few I seem to have this problem with do fine after I do this. I may just have a stapler assembly that is getting flaky somehow, but hasn't completely crapped out.

You might inspect the assembly to make sure that everything is moving smoothly and then install a new cartridge unit. When they start to do the 8-10 time cycle and still shows a jam, the cartridge is the easiest thing to do. I've just had a few where I needed to do more (but really not do anything.)
    Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Comptia A+, Comptia Network+

Talking See Attached 1 Page PDF File

Quote Originally Posted by tibbs View Post
    Hello friends, i have an aficio 2060 with the staple light staying on. I have replaced the staples with the correct one but the light still stays on.
    Any ideas as to what the cause.
    I have used a page from the Finisher manual and ADDED Some text and Arrows to show the MOST COMMON issue with ADD Staples, NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM, but this should help.
    Attached Files Attached Files