Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Re: Are you using the right screwdriver?

I was a huge fan of the Engineer nut driver from Japan, because the neodymium magnet in the head moves around to work for both shallow and deep headed 5.5 mil screws.

Amazon.com : Engineer Hex Catch Nut Driver (Magnetic) for Hex Screws Measuring 5.5mm Across Flats (Made in Japan) dnc-55 : Sockets : Sports & Outdoors

Then prices started going crazy, and I had to find an alternative that still had that feature.

Happily, Atrix, who has been making vacuums for our industry for a long time, recently introduced their own model.

Amazon.com: Atrix ATI55MXL Magnetic Nut Driver (5.5mm Hex - Long): Home Improvement

Great grip, and the moving magnet head I now require. Loving it.

( I know it's an old thread, but new tool info is always relevant!)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by category_five View Post
    That's fantastic! I had given up on finding the Hozan North American distributor. Thank you very much.
    Image Supply Service in MN is also a Hozan distributor. 800-283-6447 Sorry for chiming in on such an old post. Just saw this today.

Quote Originally Posted by thebillydangerous View Post
    I was a huge fan of the Engineer nut driver from Japan, because the neodymium magnet in the head moves around to work for both shallow and deep headed 5.5 mil screws.

Amazon.com : Engineer Hex Catch Nut Driver (Magnetic) for Hex Screws Measuring 5.5mm Across Flats (Made in Japan) dnc-55 : Sockets : Sports & Outdoors

Then prices started going crazy, and I had to find an alternative that still had that feature.

Happily, Atrix, who has been making vacuums for our industry for a long time, recently introduced their own model.

Amazon.com: Atrix ATI55MXL Magnetic Nut Driver (5.5mm Hex - Long): Home Improvement

Great grip, and the moving magnet head I now require. Loving it.

( I know it's an old thread, but new tool info is always relevant!)
    KATUN also sell the Atrix brand 5.5 nut driver.
    They have them in standard length and the longer length.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Do you also use an electric screwdriver?
    I use a light weight Bosch, cheap model, only to loosen because it is none magnetic.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

I use a German model... The Wiha 5.5mm magnetic...

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk
    Memento Audere Semper

Technician

German made with a magnetic strong enough that you can put a screw into the socket and pick the screw and driver up by the threads of the screw. 8mm tip diameter.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Are you using the right screwdriver?

Well I guess since this thread has already been brought back to life several times there's no harm in adding my two cents. Yes I've been using JIS tipped screwdrivers and YES it makes a difference. If you have the chance get a standard phillips and JIS side by side and feel them, definitely not the same. While phillips will absolutely work well enough the risk of stripping is definitely going to be higher, I certainly wouldn't want to service the same machine repetitively with them. If you're having trouble finding some Vessel appears to only make JIS (might be wrong here) and can be found on amazon. A bit more spendy than some but well worth it I think in the long run. I picked up a medium driver that came with 3 double ended bits and it and it has worked flawlessly in an inordinately complete teardown of a Taskalfa 3551ci.

I'm going to reiterate the frustration with components having different names between various manuals, parts lists, etc. Seriously it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to make sure you end up with shared component name :'( I have to look up a specific ribbon cable later today and I'm a little nervous.

I've also considered getting a small handheld electric, but to be honest I would be very hesitant to use it to drive screws into the machine. Removing them is probably fine and would be faster in screw heavy teardowns. IF I was going to use it to drive I would still counter sink to find the edge of threading and have it set to a VERY low torq setting, like less than hand tight and then just maybe one last quarter turn by hand.

Keep in mind I am still very new to the field and approximately 93% of my experience is based on the Taskalfa I mentioned above.

Edit> Just realized this is in a Ricoh thread... Sooo none of what I said applies to Ricohs directly just to be clear although I suspect it may still be somewhat relevant.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    Do you also use an electric screwdriver?
    I use a light weight Bosch, cheap model, only to loosen because it is none magnetic.
    My best results with an electric screwdriver are the following:

- Bosch PS-22 . Brushless motor 12V Lithium-Ion ( Battery life is extraordinay, about 2 week of intensive job) , variable two speed 0~400 rpm & 0~1400 rpm ( the best ) , 20+1 torq settings ( essential to avoid damaging screws and plastic covers ) weighs 1.2 lbs ( 650 grs. aprox ) , An led provides light ( low intensity but help anyway ) and battery level indicator.

PS22 Overview | 12V Max EC Brushless Two-Speed Pocket Driver | Bosch Power Tools

- ITDEPH26B Bosch Impact Tough Driver Bits - Length 6" ( 15 cm , they are not magnetic, but easily magnetizable with a magnet )

ITDEPH26B | 10 pc. Impact Tough™ 6 In. Phillips(R) #2 Double-Ended Bits (Bulk Pack) | Bosch Power Tools

- Wiha 5.5mm magnetic bit ( modified )

You can watch a video demostration :

20 de agosto de 2020 - YouTube

20 de agosto de 2020 - YouTube

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg3 (2).jpg