Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    The Much Maligned MP4000/5000

Re: The Much Maligned MP4000/5000

Quote Originally Posted by zico21 View Post
    The AE040042 is too small of a diameter to work.
    Did you actually try the 0042? 0051 rollers are actually slightly larger than the web sponge roller it replaces which puts extra tension on everything - I was thinking the 0042 might be a better fit, and maybe not require cut or weaker springs.

I haven't had occasion to change any in about 2 weeks (minor miracle) but I know they'll all roll in at once. I haven't had any 0051's in almost 2 weeks and they show backordered here in The States for at least another week.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The 0042's diameter was too small. The frame was bottoming out before the oil roller contacted the HR. I had received an email from Ricoh saying that the 0051 was no longer available. The 0068 is available in both the East and West warehouses and is a B level part (the 0051 is a Z ranked part) and appears to be an exact duplicate of the 0051. The "assured availability" for the 0068 is over two years away.

I was wondering if there was a reason for retaining the roller clutch instead of using another of the bushing (AA080353). The only issue we've had with this modification at all has been with the roller clutch locking up (not that it happens a lot). Also, we've found that putting the end of the roller with the lot number on it to the non-op end of the fuser prevents the occasional unwrapping of the "skin" of the 0051 roller.

We have been very please with this mod and have over 200 copiers using it with no real problems. Thanks!
    Come on Fulham!

The oil roller isn't quite long enough if you remove the one-way bearing. Was hoping to fine a roller about 1/4 inch longer so we could, but haven't seen anything yet. Packing that end with a little hi temp grease helps a lot - clean and repack each roller change and haven't had a problem with them locking up since.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP4000 oil roller busihings.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1 View Post
    The oil roller isn't quite long enough if you remove the one-way bearing. Was hoping to fine a roller about 1/4 inch longer so we could, but haven't seen anything yet. Packing that end with a little hi temp grease helps a lot - clean and repack each roller change and haven't had a problem with them locking up since.
    We played around and found that if you use (2) of D0624192 (Old # B1404192) bushings and (2) of 080733103 washer (bag of 100) you can remove the one-way bearing. We think you could get away without the washers but they keep the roller centered in the bushings. The washer (08073103) show as being out of stock but are a "F" ranked part so they should be available.

I've attached pictures of both ends of this setup (this is a new fuser that hasn't had the web parts removed yet).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zico21; 04-05-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    Come on Fulham!

Quote Originally Posted by zico21 View Post
    MP4000 oil roller busihings.pdf

We played around and found that if you use (2) of D0624192 (Old # B1404192) bushings and (2) of 080733103 washer (bag of 100) you can remove the one-way bearing. We think you could get away without the washers but they keep the roller centered in the bushings. The washer (08073103) show as being out of stock but are a "F" ranked part so they should be available.

I've attached pictures of both ends of this setup (this is a new fuser that hasn't had the web parts removed yet).
    Could you PM me the original pictures - I want to update my Tech bulletin with the new part numbers, and would like to include the spacers as an alternative mod to keeping the 1way bushing.
    73 DE W5SSJ

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

Just a small update on this oil roller instead of web idea,meybe it was mentioned on thread but I don't have time to read it all.
    I did similar thing on MP5500,web motor isn't working so I fit in oil roller,now it's ok for a while but after about 15k papers oil roller takes too much toner and starts transfering piled up toner back on hot roller.
    Now on 551 machines there is allu cooling/cleaning roller behind the oil rollers that takes on toner and gives oil roller more life.
    Problem is that 551 model bushings don't fit in MP web assembly unless I can modify web assembly somehow (electric orbital cutter crossed my mind...) or that I actualy fix the dead motor problem...probably faulty BCU board.
    My guess is that oil roller on MP5000/4000 culd allso make similar problems,toner is allso crucial in this case,cause on machine I'm working client use integral toner (the one I hate so wery wery...weeeeeeeeeery much)
    So that being said I'm against the oil roller solution,especialy on overtoning pigglets...that's what MP5000 is in my opinion...fancy looking owertoning pigglet with more complicated fusing assembly.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herostrat View Post
    Just a small update on this oil roller instead of web idea,meybe it was mentioned on thread but I don't have time to read it all.
    I did similar thing on MP5500,web motor isn't working so I fit in oil roller,now it's ok for a while but after about 15k papers oil roller takes too much toner and starts transfering piled up toner back on hot roller.
    Now on 551 machines there is allu cooling/cleaning roller behind the oil rollers that takes on toner and gives oil roller more life.
    Problem is that 551 model bushings don't fit in MP web assembly unless I can modify web assembly somehow (electric orbital cutter crossed my mind...) or that I actualy fix the dead motor problem...probably faulty BCU board.
    My guess is that oil roller on MP5000/4000 culd allso make similar problems,toner is allso crucial in this case,cause on machine I'm working client use integral toner (the one I hate so wery wery...weeeeeeeeeery much)
    So that being said I'm against the oil roller solution,especialy on overtoning pigglets...that's what MP5000 is in my opinion...fancy looking owertoning pigglet with more complicated fusing assembly.
    Myself and 3 other technicians at our dealership are using them with no such problems.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The AE040051 oil supply roller mod works like a champ. Cut the springs in half for the correct tension and off you go. I have also just been tossing the entire oil roller assembly (when caught without the ioil roller) and have had ZERO problems with it. For the most part I do the oil roller mod and have been for years with no problems. As for the toner dusting.mag roller coating, over toning issue, I reccomend N/A Tradings' type 4500A toner. We use it exclusivley in the MP35/4500, MP4/5000, MP4011/5001. Works better than OEM.

Technician

Ok guys after a weeks training on utax i after to say they are fucking shite compared to the old ricoh kit
    but back to the subject been out to a MP4000 call out on me way back from the training again poor copy quality
    (latest dev unit,toner,drum unit,etc fitted) but copy quality crap is it me or is it these machines are a fucking hopless
    case !!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Well and truly. PCU, web unit and toner hopper are awful. You would have thought the lesson would have been learned from the B296 developer from the MP3500/4500, but no - it's still being used on the latest model. Shockingly shit machine. I'm also starting to develop a severe dislike of the Metis.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.