Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

LDAP fun with an MP C3300

Greetings!

Has anybody had success getting an MP C3300 to connect to an Exchange Server to do LDAP email lookups?

The very same credentials work without a hitch on other, similar Ricohs (MP3350 and the like), but not on the MP C3300.

I'm thinking that it may need to "tie in" somewhere higher on the AD tree, but I'm not sure just yet.

All firmware is current.

I can't find any related info on the TSC site, and the help desk wasn't 'zactly helpful, either...

Thanks!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    Wish I could help, but LDAP is beyond my Expertise lol. Don't know the first thing about it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Captain Scott's Avatar

Global catalog server?

Try using port 3268 instead of 389. When you click on the connect button what is the error message? Try the username in the form of an e-mail address eg. pcarrol@coke.com.na or domain name username.. Just a few suggestions that have have helped me. There is a tool: LDAP lookup that you can run from a pc to check if the search base and info is correct. Oh and doublecheck typos it has got me several times.

Field Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    LDAP fun with an MP C3300

This is for the KonicaMinolta product but I'm sure the requirements would be the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Online Store is closed. Chip resetting is a thing of the past! Thank you to all my past customers.
    Now into Ip TV KODI Boxes

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Thanks for the replies.

While I haven't actually been on site myself just yet, I will be one day late next week. Fellow workers have provided me with this info.

My plan is to run the Softerra LDAP Browser to check the AD structure; it can prove quite useful.

Another VERY quick and handy tool is to run "gpresult" from a command line; it will tell you just where the logged on user is, along with a ton of other things.

About 2 years ago, I had a similar issue with an early MP 2510. The credentials that I entered got bounced, but the very same ones worked just fine on an MP 6000 in the same building. They were on the same subnet, switch, etc...

Once I tried connecting to a lower container in the AD tree it worked OK.

I provided that info our local Ricoh support manager, who was very interested (and qualified) in it, but nothing ever came of it. Unfortunately, he is no longer with Ricoh.

I'll post my findings here when I have them.

Thanks!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins