Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    Hi Guys, I had a touch screen that nothing would responded so I pulled the touch screen connetor out an saw that the foil connector was dented in so I flatten the dent and put tape backing on the mylar that was changed on the tech bulletin and guess what it works. So my thinking is that there is nothing wrong with the touch panel itself just the mylar behind the foil connector that does not support the constant pressure from contacts on the foil connector. This might save a few bucks for the ones who have to pay for the touch panel, in the USA Ricoh has a no charge replacement so it doesn't cost us anything.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Service Manager 250+ Posts zyqwiz's Avatar
    I ordered up a box of B2239900 to cover ourselves - they will put the price back up at some point! My D0299900 ones are still on back order though.

Technician

Re: What's wrong with the touch screens?

Hi guys,
    My MPC4500 touch screen responds only from middle to top part of it, bottom nothing. But the strange thing is that if I use some cleaning surface product over it, the same works also in the bottom part for some minutes, after stop responding.
    What do you sugggest? Do I need to change it or I can do something to fix it..?

Thanks in advance,
    Fabrizio

Quote Originally Posted by kamoro View Post
    Hi guys,
    My MPC4500 touch screen responds only from middle to top part of it, bottom nothing. But the strange thing is that if I use some cleaning surface product over it, the same works also in the bottom part for some minutes, after stop responding.
    What do you sugggest? Do I need to change it or I can do something to fix it..?

Thanks in advance,
    Fabrizio
    Perform a full touch screen calibration, Yellow 1993 Red x5. If it is still off, remove the operations panel, remove the back panel and boards, then careful remove the touch screen (take note of the ribbon cable, if the end is white it is a modified part, if it is brown it isn't; the brown ones are faulty) give it a clean. If it is clean and still does it, replace.

Technician

Many thanks my friend!
    Tomorrow I'll try to do it and I let you know.
    Fingers crossed!

Thanks again,
    Fabrizio

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Perform a full touch screen calibration, Yellow 1993 Red x5. If it is still off, remove the operations panel, remove the back panel and boards, then careful remove the touch screen (take note of the ribbon cable, if the end is white it is a modified part, if it is brown it isn't; the brown ones are faulty) give it a clean. If it is clean and still does it, replace.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    What's wrong with the touch screens?

The conductive compound between the ribbon cable and the touch panel detoriates by the time. Only solution is replacement. Densi has them for a good price. The Densi # is RHPT0002

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Hi,
    yes it seem to work! Great!!

Many thanks,
    ;-)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Same problem here in Sicily,,,,replaced 12 last Year......