Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician 50+ Posts

DSM 2045 wil not clear a jam

We have a DSM 2045 aprox 250 k, if it jams we cannot seem to clear the jam. we open all doors etc. remove the jam but the machine will not reset. We eventually managed to clear the jam by carrying out a memory clear and this worked. However if the machine jams again it will not clear(unless we carry out a memory clear). We have swapped out both front and side door interlocks. Firmware etc is up to date.
    Any tips??

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

You need to identify which paper feed sensor is culprit ie where is the jam occurring. It is possible to have a small sliver of paper inhibiting the operation of a PI actuator, or the actuator could be out of its hole on one side. Clearing the memory every time you get a misfeed is not the way to approach this problem. Reflective sensors also get dirty with paper dust and may need cleaned.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician 50+ Posts
    Apologies for my description of the problem.
    Their is no paper stuck in the machine and all sensors test ok in service mode.
    I totally understand that clearing the memory every time the machine jams is not the way to approach the problem (lets accept that as a given).
    The problem i have isnt so much a jamming problem, in other words the machine works away fine, however on the rare occasion it does jam i cannot seem to reset he problem no matter where the jam occurs , (I am jamming the machine intentionaly to fault find this problem) .
    That is why I thought it might have been a door interlock problem.
    So in conclusion the machine will work away happily for weeks without jamming but on the rare occasion it does jam, the copier will not reset.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Ok, that's a little more info. Forgive me, but I may not be on the same page here. A DSM 2045, is that a B082 product code?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    You need to identify which paper feed sensor is culprit ie where is the jam occurring. .
    Agreed. i think its a case of when it jams again check it in input mode to identify the sensor causing the fault along with checking the jam log then start looking along the lines of the IOB board which controls the sensors and if possible try and see about getting this m/c upgraded if you can.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Check the positions of the wires in the front interlock switch.Compare it with a working machine

Technician 50+ Posts
    Apologies again the machine is an Aficio 2045e.
    The problem with identifing the jam is as follows:
    On the rare ocassion that the machine jams the jam condition cannot be reset, the jam log only registers a jam after the jam condition is reset, so therfore it is not logged in the logging data. The only way that I can get the copier out of this condition is a memory clear (i understand this isn't ideal). So therefore I cannot determine where the jam is occuring. As I said I am jamming the machine intentionally to fault find the problem (in various locations).It doesnt matter where the jam occurs, the machine will not reset.
    I have changed the front and side door interlock but no change.
    I have also swapped out the IOB board, no change.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    IF its not registering a Jam, check how many AT POWER ON jams you have had, and when it jams check that again. Sure sounds like a bad door switch on ADF, Bridge Unit, Finisher, Paper Bank, Doors etc

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

This is possible. Disconnect all the periphirals you can and initiate a jam. If it clears, reconnect them one at a time and repeat the process until you have isolated the faulty unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    IF its not registering a Jam, check how many AT POWER ON jams you have had, and when it jams check that again. Sure sounds like a bad door switch on ADF, Bridge Unit, Finisher, Paper Bank, Doors etc
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    possibly the three switches located at the front of the fuser are playing up, good luck