Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Angry Aficio2090 firmware

Friends, Hello!
    I am badly in need of Firmware/EEPROM DATA for AFICIO2090.
    Customer tried to remove the controller Board in an ON unit and the unit is now without/Corrupt EEPROM data/firmware.
    thanking you in anticipation.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Aficio2090 firmware

What firmware in particular or all of it? When you say EEPROM data I am assuming you mean the NVRAM data, which you will need to get off of the "birth certificate" (if it's still with the machine) or reset everything to factory default and start fresh. Is there an SC code displayed and what is it.

As a side note, under what circumstance would the customer feel the need to remove the controller? This would definitely be a chargeable call in my book.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you teebee,
    Unit is stalled at please wait and I have confirmed with the customer that why he tried to remove the controller.As per his reply he was trying to blow the dust from inside parts of unit.
    unfortunately not even one unit of 2090 is available within my range to swap and check the actual problem .However if the firmware will be available with me ,I'll be able to upload it with my notebook and card readers.
    One of the unit owner told me about a SC like 868 or 836 etc.but nothing at present.
    please advise?

Aficio2090 firmware

The SC868 is described as SD card error and could be a problem with the card corrupted or not installed correctly or controller bad. First check that the SD card(s) are fully seated. As far as the firmware, it's dependent on whether this is an "enhanced" or "non-enhanced" 2090. Wouldn't hurt to also disconnect the harddrive before rebooting, that may have flaked out too.

addendum- There is a "Boot SD card" that can be ordered as a part that allows you to boot up the machine if the controller boot area gets corrupted. I am attaching the TSB that gives all of the necessary info. If it works, saves the cost of replacing the entire controller.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teebee1234; 09-06-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you, but pdf file is not opening correctly.

Aficio2090 firmware

I double checked the pdf and it opened ok for me (I downloaded it back from my post), what version of Adobe Reader are you using? I'm attaching a text version of the bulletin that you should be able to view.
    FYI, I noticed in the notes that this installs the non-enhanced firmware. If your machine is the enhanced version, then you will just need to install that afterwards.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanking you once again for the favour to resend the file as txt,but the problem is that I downloads the file and unable to open it .Unfortunately txt file opens in machine language and adobe pdf reader 9.0gives the error that file has been damaged.
    would you please send the files both in pdf & txt (in a zip/rar archive) directly to my email muaazgujjar@gmail.com.I will be very obliged.one of my senior fellow discussed the situation on phone and added that the SDcard data may be currpted and it must be reloaded.Please advise me .I am not very familiar with digital units and basically trained at analog oldies.

Aficio2090 firmware

I've sent you the file. If the SD card is corrupted it will have to be replaced, you can't repair it as far as I know.