Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Exclamation ricoh aficio 2045

when i open the front door it shows that there is a finisher connected with machine, but i have no finisher
    also there is most sc like sc990, sc670
    i have changed HARD DISK, CONTROLLER BOARD, but there is nothing
    help plz

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh aficio 2045

If you have the bridge unit (sits in the internal tray) still installed but no finisher you will get an finisher sc code, though the copier will still function. You will need to remove the bridge unit to clear it. As far as the sc670, that is a BICU error and the sc990 is a "software performance" error. I would power everything down, reseat the bicu and controller boards along with the memory dimms and disconnect the HDD and boot back up. If it boots up ok with the peripheral functions disabled (duplex, etc) then shut down and reconnect the HDD and reboot. Also update the firmware.

Senior Technician 50+ Posts
    used to get sc990 when the drum was old and needed replacing or maybe just a clean of the drum unt.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ricoh aficio 2045

Quote Originally Posted by Copierdocisleofman View Post
    used to get sc990 when the drum was old and needed replacing or maybe just a clean of the drum unt.
    Ditto that, check the drum ends for wear. Might as well replace it if in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    If you have the bridge unit (sits in the internal tray) still installed but no finisher you will get an finisher sc code, though the copier will still function. You will need to remove the bridge unit to clear it. As far as the sc670, that is a BICU error and the sc990 is a "software performance" error. I would power everything down, reseat the bicu and controller boards along with the memory dimms and disconnect the HDD and boot back up. If it boots up ok with the peripheral functions disabled (duplex, etc) then shut down and reconnect the HDD and reboot. Also update the firmware.
    i'm already removed the bridge unit and the problem still!
    excuse me what is the memory dimms?, how to boot backup and update the firmware?

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    It could also be the power supply unit Iīve had some PSU fail itīs not usual but can happen, forget firmware updates, you will need a special software, a computer with PCMcia slot and then a 4Mb PCMcia card + firmware from Ricoh...
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound