Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SR5000 problems

Senior Technician 250+ Posts stephend's Avatar

Question SR5000 problems

I have issues with an SR 5000 installed on a Pro 1106. Customer called for SC745 feed out belt motor or HP sensor error. Checked both from input/output and are working fine...only the stapler is not working at all. At power on machine will present a generic R area fake jam, that can be cleared by opening and closing the finisher door and immediately after will show Stapler problems and SC 745. Customer has 2 identical unit so I was able to swap parts from the other finisher available at the location.
    Did all the troubleshooting steps, even tried a different finisher main board and a different stapler unit and a different stapling cartridge. As soon as I replaced the stapler unit with the other one and I rebooted the machine...same area R fake jam at power on...but instead of SC 745...now the machine was showing an SC 754 Stacking roller drag motor. Firmware was updated, so I'm suspecting the harness that connects the stapler unit...or the Drive Unit mentioned in the TB 15R.
    Printing the SMC report I saw that seconds before every SC 745 recorded...was also recorded an SC870-11 Address Book Error...and that blow my mind...What connection can be in between them.
    I ordered already the harness and the interlock switch but in the meantime any ideas will be appreciated.
    Thanks

FORMER Techie 1,000+ Posts tcs04's Avatar
    Check the springs behind (Under) the staple unit. If the springs are there, I've had similar problems caused by the exit tray shift motor.

I'll check when I'll go again to this account. Thanks for the tip.

SR5000.doc

Found my reply to a similar thread..................but I think the code was 750...

Take a look at the movement of the receiving tray! Does it lower and raise in the correct sequence during boot up and when running jobs?

The tray lift motor (DC) can stick and will generally cause a problem only on staple jobs. The one I had was not a hard on fault, but would cause the machine to display frequent jams at R7 (?) and then staple error SC's.

I was able to make the motor work by simply touching the pulley at the correct time. The motor worked under test and was normally ok when feeding non-staple jobs. When stapling I could see the tray was not lowering / lifting as the sets ejected.

We were convinced this was a problem with the stapler and ripped everything apart, replaced the sensors etc, but nothing would fix the problem. Fitted a new motor and the fault was cured.

I suppose the main point is that on these finishers if you get problems related to staple jobs it may not be the staple head causing the problem!

Have you have checked the two long tension springs on the back face of the staple unit are in place? These can fall off causing the unit to move around and not engage the HP sensors.

Also, a reply by KopyKat...

Damn! I just ran into one of these today!! "SC750 Stapler Error", R jam on boot, tray not initializing and get this...if one copy job was removed from the shift tray and it did not raise to home position, the machine would scan the originals of the next job and show "copying" on the screen but just sit there and stare at me for a while and then eventually throw an R jam then an SC750. If you look up SC 750 says nothing about the stapler but the panel says "Stapler Error" The manual calls it "Tray 1 (Upper Tray Lift) Motor Error"

No red light and not in staple mode though just the tray would intermittently stop lowering during jobs, then not raise up when paper removed. A little nudge on the belt and it was back to normal. Part Number is AX05 0277.

Also attached the file I sent with the part number

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Im going for the tray lift motor too......Although it was working for me I was getting the phantom jams in R7 and the stapler error plus the SC code. Think the paper was stopping just after the fuser, didnt even make it to the finisher.

Replaced the lift motor and it all worked good again.

Thanks guys, I saw already the other threads and today I received the motor...actually the entire drive assy. I'm waiting for the harness and I will go to the customer to finish this job. When testing from Service mode everything is normal and no jams are reported during printing or copying but immediately after the boot the 745 will show up making impossible any stapling jobs to test the functionality of the tray lift motor. The only fake jam is the R jam at power on...and is not recorded.
    The fact that every SC 745 is associated with an SC 870-11 put me in a real swamp....but lucky I received an answer from one of TSSC people "You have a major drain on the 24v supply which is loading Down the IOB causing you HDD communication error code.
    My guess is the stapler unit motor wires."
    So if the harness and the lift motor won't do the trick I will try a stapler motor...

Quote Originally Posted by stephend View Post
    Thanks guys, I saw already the other threads and today I received the motor...actually the entire drive assy. I'm waiting for the harness and I will go to the customer to finish this job. When testing from Service mode everything is normal and no jams are reported during printing or copying but immediately after the boot the 745 will show up making impossible any stapling jobs to test the functionality of the tray lift motor. The only fake jam is the R jam at power on...and is not recorded.
    The fact that every SC 745 is associated with an SC 870-11 put me in a real swamp....but lucky I received an answer from one of TSSC people "You have a major drain on the 24v supply which is loading Down the IOB causing you HDD communication error code.
    My guess is the stapler unit motor wires."
    So if the harness and the lift motor won't do the trick I will try a stapler motor...
    The other thing I've had cause loss of a 24v line is the tandem tray loom. pull both sides of the tray, run from other trays and see if the fault clears. If so, remove the Right Hand Side of the tray and check the loom under the solenoid at the front left corner (Behind the front panel) for damage, it can chaf on the tray runner, normally causes Op Panel trouble but can vary between models.

I couldn't wait for the harness and went there just to test this drive assy mentioned by the TB 15R. It didn't make any difference. Stapler motor is non responsive from Output mode so it must be shorted out internally...cause every SC 745 comes 10 sec after an SC 870-11. The punch mode and any other modes except stapling are working fine on this damn finisher.
    Thanks for your suggestion TCS04...I will check the tandem tray Monday when this harness will arrive at the customer...