Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

gestetner dsm645 Service mode question

Would anyone happen to know how to enter into the gestetner dsm645 service mode?

My customer aquired the printer from another company, who acquired it from another comapny and another company. The original company that serviced the printer is no longer in business. Nobody know the admin password or supervisor password.

Logging in the web interface, I've tried admin with no password. No username but just password as the password. Administrator with no password. Supervisor with no password or no username and supervisor as the password. Nothing works.

I can't find the service manual anywhere on the web. My next stop is service mode. I know it's a combo of keys on the printer, but I have no idea what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

The file is listed as the Ricoh equivalent 2045E. http://www.justmanuals.com/ricoh-afi...l-p-29042.html

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Last edited by JustManuals; 11-03-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: link

iankeefe
    press in this order. yellow clear/mode key, numbers 1,0,7 then hold down the red clear/stop key. The screen will change in about 5 seconds

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by iankeefe View Post
    press in this order. yellow clear/mode key, numbers 1,0,7 then hold down the red clear/stop key. The screen will change in about 5 seconds
    Thank you so much!

iankeefe
    The default admin user/pass on the web interfave is admin and then no password. Someone must have changed that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    if you cannot log in to the web interface as either:admin>no password or supervisor>no password, themn someone changed both of those. the only way now to reset these passwords is to change the NVRAM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonhiker View Post
    if you cannot log in to the web interface as either:admin>no password or supervisor>no password, themn someone changed both of those. the only way now to reset these passwords is to change the NVRAM.
    This model is pre-GW and doesn't use Autentication Management but a Key Op code to lock out the User Tools function. To reset it go to Copy SP 7-810. That should also reset the WIM login to "admin" with no password.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    This model is pre-GW and doesn't use Autentication Management but a Key Op code to lock out the User Tools function. To reset it go to Copy SP 7-810. That should also reset the WIM login to "admin" with no password.
    Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but what is "Copy SP 7-810"....

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Check your Private Messages

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by teebee1234 View Post
    So I have figured out how to get into service mode now. The SP7-xxx is the data log.
    SP7-810 is "Displays the ROM number and firmware version number" (according to the service manual).

I'm not certain how that will reset the password to null for the admin user.