Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

SC792 without finisher

I've got a MPC3500 that had it's finisher removed due to numerous problems. Trouble is we had to leave the bridge unit because we don't have the necessary plastics at hand. Is there any way of hiding/removing the SC792 error that appears at the lower left corner?

Cheers!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Comatose's Avatar
    In short... no, just let the customer know that its not relevant.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    maybe a small piece of masking tape? nope, they can just ignore it.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Taking the bridge unit off won't leave anything dangerous or sharp about, only the bridge unit connector will be visible at the back. Just tell the customer not to stick pins in it!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Comatose's Avatar
    Dont tell the customer not to stick pins in it, stupidity and curiosity will take over and you will go back for a blown machine and a customer with a red face and a slighty burnt finger lol

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    SC792 without finisher

Thanks. On my next visit, I'll try to remove the bridge unit and see how it looks. In the meantime, the customer has already been advised to ignore the thing.

Thanks!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Re: SC792 without finisher

that has to be the dumbest advice ever..

Ignore that error...
    vs simply calling Ricoh and getting the answer to tell the copier to not display an error for something that is not installed.
    basically removing the finisher code / disable the finisher in the system maintenance screens....

having a blaring error is not quality of anything... the error should be able to be shunted...
    apparently
    Remove the bridge unit.

You need to buy a new blanking plate and a bit that goes where the bridge unit was.
    just haven't found the part number that is the blanking plate.... then the error goes away and is correctly resolved...

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by viperiii View Post
    that has to be the dumbest advice ever..

Ignore that error...
    vs simply calling Ricoh and getting the answer to tell the copier to not display an error for something that is not installed.
    basically removing the finisher code / disable the finisher in the system maintenance screens....

having a blaring error is not quality of anything... the error should be able to be shunted...
    apparently
    Remove the bridge unit.

You need to buy a new blanking plate and a bit that goes where the bridge unit was.
    just haven't found the part number that is the blanking plate.... then the error goes away and is correctly resolved...
    Excuse me, but what?

being that I just ran across a unit setup this way and the customer was told the exact thing above....
    interesting that it is many years later....

yes its an older unit they purchased off lease and same advice was given to them by their company....

"Ignore that Blaring Error - Call technician - machine Broke... but its fine all things function fine - nothing to see here... move along..."

ahhh....yeah... Nope.... that is not an OK answer for a unit literally just dropped off....

Again ...
    No way to fix a Blaring error and tell Customer to ignore the error...
    Yeah.. that is AWFUL / Terrible for an answer...

vs Fix the error...

apparently if you remove the bridge the error remains.
    so there needs to be a blank plate / addon to the internal finisher in the unit from what I'm reading...

I'd bet a call to Ricoh direct would resolve the issue... which means I have track the service company down and then verify if they even have access to Ricoh direct and then ask the questions.

yes probably a $10 part that will end up costing $100 sure... but I can almost guarantee there is a fix for the error...

Customer wants a unit that isn't throwing errors...

being the units can be sold with internal only finisher options... it means simply there is a part that is needed for the system to understand there is no external finisher and the servicing company should have corrected that before deliver....

make sense now?

----------
    last error I documented has to do with FTP...
    that issue was met with all up to date must be you....

wasn't.....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Remove the bridge unit, error goes away. Simple as that. Otherwise error will remain. Not sure what the user above was running on and on about. And yes I am a Ricoh direct tech so I have seen it a time or two in the last 20 years.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk