ramdv

How to connect external Key Counter in Ricoh Aficio MPC3500

Hi,

Can any one help me about the connections & configurations required for External Key counter interface in Ricoh Aficio MPC3500 copier. Where is the location in the Board that i can connect the Harness.

If you can specify the Key Counter part# , that would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,
    Ramesh

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: How to connect external Key Counter in Ricoh Aficio MPC3500

You need the Optional Counter Interface Unit Type A, it installs behind the power supply and connects to the IOB. The cable to the key counter then connects to this board. It doesn't have a part number, it's an EDP code. This is what you will need to connect the key counter, as well as the proper cable from the key counter manufacturer.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

ramdv

Thanks you very much ! for the reply. Can you please clarify my doubts ? As I do not have a service manual, that's the reason iam asking you these questions.

1) Where is Key counter Bracket Type A located on the board ? Is it comes as default with the printer or i should install it ?

2) What type of connector (cable) i should use ? Is it 4 pin or something else?

Please help me !!

Thanks in advance,
    Ramesh

trottinbob

As TonerMunkeh advised, you need Optional Counter Interface Unit Type A (EDP code 413012) . See instructions for install attached.

I believe it is for 20 pin connector. The Key counter manufacturer should provide the proper cable for attachment to the Ricoh.

KeyCounter_A_install.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts oldschool's Avatar

Yes it is a 20 pin connector. The TYPE A-EDP kit allows for different pricing based on color vs B/W and paper size. It is also used with Ricoh's print and copy vending. More information HERE. If you need a good vend station than look HERE

Technician

[QUOTE = trottinbob; 239629] Como aconseja TonerMunkeh, necesita la Unidad de interfaz de contador opcional Tipo A (código EDP 413012). Consulte las instrucciones de instalación adjuntas.

Creo que es para conector de 20 pines. El fabricante del contador de llaves debe proporcionar el cable adecuado para conectarlo a Ricoh.

KeyCounter_A_install.pdf[/CITAR]

Hola, por favor necesito saber el procedimiento de activar un monedero cm4000.
    Ya tengo instalada la placa interface type A 413012, el monedero esta conectado a la placa y tiene el monedero su propia alimentación. En la máquina no me dice nada, ni me bloquea el hacer de fotocopias. Que hay que activar en la maquina o que procedimiento es el que tengo que seguir?

Gracias

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    How to connect external Key Counter in Ricoh Aficio MPC3500

Quote Originally Posted by tecnicot View Post
    [QUOTE = trottinbob; 239629] Como aconseja TonerMunkeh, necesita la Unidad de interfaz de contador opcional Tipo A (código EDP 413012). Consulte las instrucciones de instalación adjuntas.

Creo que es para conector de 20 pines. El fabricante del contador de llaves debe proporcionar el cable adecuado para conectarlo a Ricoh.

KeyCounter_A_install.pdf[/CITAR]

Hola, por favor necesito saber el procedimiento de activar un monedero cm4000.
    Ya tengo instalada la placa interface type A 413012, el monedero esta conectado a la placa y tiene el monedero su propia alimentación. En la máquina no me dice nada, ni me bloquea el hacer de fotocopias. Que hay que activar en la maquina o que procedimiento es el que tengo que seguir?

Gracias

1) this thread is 10 YEARS old... we consider a thread dead after 2 years of no activity
    2) please translate you post into english .. since the site IS IN english not all of us understand your language
    3) you should start your own new thread since your machine is a CM4000 not a MPC3500