Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP7500 SC672

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP7500 SC672

MP7500 SC672

Here's what I've done. Swapped with known good components from a working machine: All memory, controller power supply, op panel. Tried disconnecting and installed new HDD. Removed fax and NIC. No peripherals connected. Unplugged transfer connector.I tried to force a firmware update, no joy. None of these things have worked, still SC 672. Question: Can I remove the system sd card from a working mp5500 and try it on the broken mp7500 without screwing up the sd card? I'm running out of things to try before ordering a new controller. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP7500 SC672

Re: MP7500 SC672

The SC672 points to an Operation Panel Error more than to a Controller Error IMHO.

If you have a Look at the Point to Point Diagram, you can see, that the Op-Panel is not connected directly to the Controller but routed throught the VIB (Video Interface Board) and the IPU (Image Processing Board) before it enters the Contoller, so at first i would suggest to replace these Boards from your "Organ Donor" and, last but not least trace the Harness beginning from Op-Panel side for pinced wires, loose Plugs and so on.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

trottinbob

I believe you can use the 5500 sd card in the 7500 (same family of machines).

Based on everything you say, I would take a good look at the connection of the controller to the motherboard. try leaving the mount screws loose or out on the controller so your board has a little play to it and mess the with "seating" of the controller to the motherboard.

look for poor connection on motherboard cn300 . Replace motherboard.

Or as another last resort. That model used a "Boot SD card" part B6456090. and you could move some dip switches on controller and boot from card. The boot area on the controller board becomes
    corrupt. The controller board does not need to be replaced. After the machine boots up, it will install the firmware stored on the boot SD card.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP7500 SC672

Here's a quick update. I swapped out the controller and ipu with my good units, no effect. It looks like the motherboard IS the next step. Before all the sc672 crap I noticed I did not have a dial tone on my fax, and then it ceased to recognize the fax at all. Considering the fax is also plugged into the MB, I feel I'm getting close to fixing this. Tomorrow. I'm tired of messing with it today, and the machine doesn't hit the field till next Tuesday. I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the responses.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP7500 SC672

We've had multiple Sc672 codes on this series when the Fax is installed. What it's always been is that the piggyback pcb (MBU ??) on the fax isn't fully seated.

ragajungle
    X2 ^^^ there is a small jumper (2 pins ) on the fcu that has to be swtched upon installation. I know this on is for sure on Both American Ricoh devices in smaller segment class.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP7500 SC672

Motherboard did not fix it. I am down to a VIB replacement. If that doesn't fix it, I'll have to start swapping harnesses. By the way, I removed the fax option at the beginning of this long-ass repair.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Hi, i just fixed an AF2060 with SC672 by replacing the main cont pcb and both main dimms.
    Here's something that may help - Before the pcb came in i managed to recover the machine by removing all the Printing options at the same time - i.e the Nic, the Print SD card and also the optional Dimm (dont forget this, its 256mB on a 2060). Hence, no printing only copying. Try this if you havent fixed your 672.
    Then after the main pcb and dimms were replaced, all was fixed on my machine.
    Good luck.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP7500 SC672

Quote Originally Posted by trottinbob View Post
    I believe you can use the 5500 sd card in the 7500 (same family of machines).

Based on everything you say, I would take a good look at the connection of the controller to the motherboard. try leaving the mount screws loose or out on the controller so your board has a little play to it and mess the with "seating" of the controller to the motherboard.

look for poor connection on motherboard cn300 . Replace motherboard.

Or as another last resort. That model used a "Boot SD card" part B6456090. and you could move some dip switches on controller and boot from card. The boot area on the controller board becomes
    corrupt. The controller board does not need to be replaced. After the machine boots up, it will install the firmware stored on the boot SD card.
    I've got a question. I have the SD boot card of that part number, but the TSB with it says it's for B140/B228 models. Are you sure I can use the card on a B246? I don't want to smoke the controller by installing the wrong boot firmware.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

I was told that the Boot Sd Card wasnt released for the B246 series (Mp5500 7500).
    The Ricoh bulletin for the B140 Sd card (part#B6456090) clearly says that it cannot be used on any other models. But you could try it using the original main pcb you took out just to see. Better not experiment with your new main pcb.
    Attached Files Attached Files