Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 100+ Posts kyrenecopy's Avatar

Aficio 2060 with SC551 codes

Looking for a solution to SC551 codes on Ricoh AF2060's and MP6000. Sometimes tmistors are dirty some times they are not. Have replace entire fuser units and/or pieces of units. I seem to remember way back that a firmware update helped with this problem but I can't find it now. Also, have you seen the machine side plug for the fuser cause this problem? Thanks, this is my 1st post. Just getting started.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Aficio 2060 with SC551 codes

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Re: Aficio 2060 with SC551 codes

Thanks, but I don't need any manuals. I have all of them for almost every machine Ricoh, Lanier and Savin built. Been in this business 32 years. Just looking for a little help. Don't try to sell me manuals, thank you.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Welcome! There have been updates to the thermistor brackets for the newer machines like the 6000. Also I see more sc555's on these machines related to thermistors. As for the side connector, I had one where I replaced the connector and harness in the fuser and I spoke with some Ricoh support people( not the hotline) and was told to remove the pins (for the fuser connector on the rear of the machine) and clean the pins with very fine sand paper (600 grit) because the therory was the connector didn't slide together well. Also check the power.....
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Thanks for the info. I have never replaced the brackets (it's too easy to just bend the ones it has!). Still have problems. I guess I will have to take the plug out and clean it or replace it. That was my next step.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

I assume that you've checked the lamps? You may have to use a pin-hole camera to do it, but make sure that they're all coming on. The lamp cables can get worn at the rear of the fuser when it is pulled in and out if they are run incorrectly after they have been taken out.

Also, make sure that the bendy metal clip things for routing the thermistor and lamp cables underneath the top cover aren't too tight as this also causes problems.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

Also shim out the fuser connector in the rear so that it makes better contact with the frame side. I have used washers and well as the clip that holds feed rollers on. Make sure you are using the newest thermistors, they are thinner and dont collect toner as much.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    Also shim out the fuser connector in the rear so that it makes better contact with the frame side. I have used washers and well as the clip that holds feed rollers on. Make sure you are using the newest thermistors, they are thinner and dont collect toner as much.
    AW100131 and AW100132.

I need to get a life, I really do.

Possible cause the female connector for the fuser on the chassis, grease the shoulder screws that are within the springs that screw the socket to the frame stops the springs binding on the screws, result is that the connector is free to move and make a better connection with the male socket on the fuser

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jivedancer View Post
    Possible cause the female connector for the fuser on the chassis, grease the shoulder screws that are within the springs that screw the socket to the frame stops the springs binding on the screws, result is that the connector is free to move and make a better connection with the male socket on the fuser

Ricoh support people( not the hotline) and was told to remove the pins (for the fuser connector on the rear of the machine) and clean the pins with very fine sand paper (600 grit) because the therory was the connector didn't slide together well.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations