Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Aficio 2045e PCQ faint line

Hi,

I was working on this model on Friday afternoon, however I couldn't really source the problem, if anyone has any ideas...

The problem is a line going along the paper-feed direction. it's faint, thin and has a wave almost half-way down.

Initially I thought it was related to the Charge Roller "AD02 7012" But this only broke the line up "Now it's intermittent" So I went on to check the Cleaning blade "PCU has had second cleaning blade removed before the last Drum etc was replaced, and these parts have only done 70k". Cleaning blade was fine, didn't notice any nicks or something along those lines. Vaccumed the PCU section, still no luck. Then I cleaned the Registration roller with no luck. THEN cleaned the Transfer section, again, with no luck.

If anyone has any ideas feel free to throw them on here, cheers

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Aficio 2045e PCQ faint line

This is a real pain to find. You've probably got a small bit of hair or lint somewhere within 13mm of the drum. "Somewhere" is the hard part. It could be hanging from the cleaning blade, dangling off of the upper developer seal or literally anywhere contacting the outer surface of the drum.

In this situation, I'll usually take a stretch-n-dust and wipe down everything in the viscinity of the drum. Usually it moves the first time, and you catch it the second or third.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT_Snacks-64 View Post

So I went on to check the Cleaning blade
    The cleaning blade you mention here... Are you refering to the Drum cleaning blade or the secondary cleaning blade found above the charge roller. If you changed the charge roller and it changed the condition, then you were on the right track.

I would suspect that your line is, caused by the damaged secondary cleaning blade.
    Last edited by unisys12; 12-29-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: changed wording for correction

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    PCU has had second cleaning blade removed

Thanks, I'll check this on Monday and let you know what I find.

I did think it may have been cleaning blade related, however, the cleaning blade has a 150k life, so can't imagine this to be worn, however, I'll have a go at replacing this and see what happens. I'm also going to have a closer look at the transfer belt section.

youknowit
    Sounds like the blade to me too the clue is that it is wavy, usually a charge roller line is sponge looking and straight, Also don't depend of the life counters of these parts there are a lot of factors that could cause it to wear out such as a lot of paper dust and things of that nature, I would replace the blade and clean the pcu really good...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi again,

Got the problem sorted this morning. Ended up replacing the Drum and Cleaning blade, one by one of course, and the problem was the cleaning blade. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Hi again,

Got the problem sorted this morning. Ended up replacing the Drum and Cleaning blade, one by one of course, and the problem was the cleaning blade. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it!
    See thread regarding crap 2nd cleaning blade....
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.