Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: MPC-3502 sc554-00(holy sh..!)

So far I love the -02 model, no particular problems at all, (if we exclude some minor problematic things). One problem we have, is that the fix made a lot of noise (about 150.000 copys). I found out that one of the two hotrollers didn´t move properly. i did not find a solutíon for this, so I replaced it with a new fuser.

Anyway, what I understand of this thread is that if you´ve got SC554-00, you need to replace it with a new fuser (not an old one that has been used). The other option is to change Eprom and replace the fuser with an old (working) fuser and then upload your pre-saved Nvram - correct?

If this is true, may we make a copy of all Nvram on every -02 and 305 machine?

If anyone knows which data that is on the Eprom, HDD, and Nvram I would be thankful if you could tell me. We in Ricoh Sweden have tried to get this info, but no one has been able to give it to us.
    The Nvram contains counter/register, and the Eprom contains the value of PCU, Dev - correct? Finally; the HDD contains the user info?
    This is my guess, at least.

Please let me know if Iam wrong., and thanks in advance!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sweden_GBG View Post

Anyway, what I understand of this thread is that if you´ve got SC554-00, you need to replace it with a new fuser (not an old one that has been used). The other option is to change Eprom and replace the fuser with an old (working) fuser and then upload your pre-saved Nvram - correct?

If this is true, may we make a copy of all Nvram on every -02 and 305 machine?
    This is exactly what you should do, you're right.

These are the documents you need:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    This is exactly what you should do, you're right.
    Or found a way to make a new fuse to the old fuser? (blows when first start up).

Well yes, you can try.

You can get the spare parts as you can with previous fusers, so that would be the way forward as long as you have the NVRAM data.

The slightly confusing thing is that Ricoh refer to the Eprom on the BICU as Nvram one minute...and Eprom the next.
    Once you've had an issue on the 3002/3502 relating to a fuser issue you work out that the issue is with the Eprom.
    We had a fuser code that a tech tried to clear which resulted in a blown Eprom and we went down the serial number mismatch road til we replaced the Eprom and blew away 90% of the user settings....a bitch to be sure.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Omg. a copy of the Nvram sound good. Hate the Eprom, why can´t ricoh put Eprom info on the HDD or something too, so there where an extra backup.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Llama God View Post
    These are the documents you need:
    Can the NVRAM data be copied from the SD card to laptop HDD or are you putting all NVRAMs on to one SD card?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Hey there,

did anyone find that fuse that is supposed to reset this error? We hab this issue once and didn't find any trace of a fuse in the original fuser and replacement unit. I know in the printer models the fuse is very easy to find but it seems to be more tricky with the new design.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Sounds funny, but after changing the eprom on the BCU, only the serialnumber had to be changed. All other data were OK.
    If you carefully look in the big, blue connector of thu fuser of a new machine, you´ll see a wire-bridge. I asume that on a new ordered fuser-unit that´s the place of the blow-up-fuse.
    Greetings...