Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: MPC-3502 sc554-00(holy sh..!)

The Eprom on the BICU only contains the machines Sn the NVRAM on the Controller holds the Important Stuff.

Who said you had to copy the Nvram data Ricoh?

There probably a way round replacing the fuse just by resetting the PM counter of the Fuser since thats all a new Fuser Fuse does anyway.

From what I have read on the TSC forum from someone is that the original fuser does not have the fuse installed. When you order a new fuser it does. To reset the error, take an old thermistor (aw10 0052) I believe and cut the sensor end off. Plug it into the connector in the fuser cavity and hang out of the machine. Install the fuser and short the wires together. Go into sp 5810-2 and hit execute and open the wires and voila... This was posted on the 5502 but should be the same. I have not had to test it yet but have some remote customers and have been looking into the issue. You can also install a pico fuse if you wish. I am thinking a nice push switch and keeping in tool kit.

Dave
    Kittens give Morbo gas.

A+, Network+, Server+, PDI+

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bantams View Post
    The Eprom on the BICU only contains the machines Sn the NVRAM on the Controller holds the Important Stuff.

Who said you had to copy the Nvram data Ricoh?

There probably a way round replacing the fuse just by resetting the PM counter of the Fuser since thats all a new Fuser Fuse does anyway.
    Hmm, so that is what the Eprom does =) (the holder of SN)

Technician

The EEPROM (NVRAM) on the BICU contains a lot more than you suggest. The serial number repeat for the BICU, machine settings + adjustment and this SC CODE condition are also registered in the file. If you want to try to use an NVRAM back-up/restore to reset the this overheat SC code this must be taken from that exact specific machine before the fault occurred. You cannot use an NVRAM back-up from another non faulty machine even if you try to rename the file, not only are the adjusment values different but there are unpublished differences within the file that will identify the specific serial number and the restore will fail. You cannot reset these overheat codes by resetting any counters.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Dont confuse the EPROM on the Bicu with the NVRAM on the Controller they are differant Chips all toghether I Know this from replacing a BICU with one from another machine and getting a SC code due to the Serial Number on the BICUs EPROM didnt match the Serial Number stored in the NVRAM.

Just think back to what the words ROM and RAM are

Technician

There is no confusion at all I was just trying to put it in terms that may be help you understand just what you are quoting. The serial number is resident on both the Controller NVRAM and the BICU EEPROM with a third entry for NOVITA. If any of these three entries do not match you will get one of the variations of SC 995.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Here's the bulletin . ..... [sc544 5502.pdf

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar

Has anyone tried NV Ram clear ? does that clear the SC code after a fuser repair ? I know you would loose all data and spend the rest of the day putting everything back in again but if you hadn't backed it up before it left you would need to do that anyway !!

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Apparently the fuse, described as 'New Unit Detect Sensor' has been issued as a service part, M026-4371. This is used in conjunction with SP5-810-2 to reset these types of fuser issues. Would be a wise idea to also carry spare belt units for these series, D042-4081 and D044-4081.
    Last edited by zed255; 01-16-2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Added part numbers

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

ok, i had this the other day and as the fusers are on back order it was fixed by other means oh and safely so no bodge fix either. I cant publish on the forum but untill there is a proper soloution from ricoh its a viable soloution which were doing once the warranty period is over.