Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SC995-02

Corne

Question SC995-02

Hi There Guys
    We recently had lightning damage on a MPC300 that caused one of the components on the Controller board and the NVRAM to fail. After the Controller was repaired and the new NVRAM was installed the machine issued SC995-4. I can input the serial nr using factory SP mode in 2 of the 3 fields namely "SET SERIAL" and
    "BCU SERIAL". The 3rd field "NOVITA SERIAL" can not be edited. When the machine is rebooted it comes up with SC995-02 as stipulated in the service manual after replacing NVRAM. Another restart is suppose to solve this SC995-02 according to the manual but it DOES NOT. All the firmware has been updated to the latest versions but still no luck. I would highly appreciate any assistance with this problem.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SC995-02

Re: SC995-02

Some useful info for you.

995 CPM setting error
    􀂃 Defective BCU
    􀂃 EEPROM Replacement error
    1. Install the previous EEPROM.
    2. Input the serial number with SP5811-004, and turn the main power
    switch off/on.

􀂃 Defective NVRAM
    􀂃 Defective controller
    1. Update the controller firmware.
    2. Install a new NVRAM, and turn off and on the main power switch
    after SC995-002 has occurred.

􀂃 Incorrect type controller installed
    􀂃 Defective controller
    1. Replace the controller with the correct type.

􀂃 Incorrect model controller installed.
    1. Replace the controller with the correct model.

Corne

Thank you Sakura.
    But like I said, New controller, New NVRAM and latest firmware installed and still the problem remains.
    regards

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Is it a 300 or a 300SR? There are also two controller boards, an M022 and M026.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Corne

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Is it a 300 or a 300SR? There are also two controller boards, an M022 and M026.
    Hi TonerMunkeh
    Its the 300 and its got the M026 controller and M0269590 NVRAM?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Did the original controller have the M022 or M026 part number?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Corne

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Did the original controller have the M022 or M026 part number?
    M026! I/O board is also M026. Its definitely the right board. I think I only need the right Service programme mode to change the Novita Serial nr on the NVRAM. (clear) 1,4,3,(C),(hold C) only givces me the option to change "set serial" and "BCU serial" and not Novita serial.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corne View Post
    M026! I/O board is also M026. Its definitely the right board. I think I only need the right Service programme mode to change the Novita Serial nr on the NVRAM. (clear) 1,4,3,(C),(hold C) only givces me the option to change "set serial" and "BCU serial" and not Novita serial.
    I tried to find a way to change that on an MPC2050 a few months ago and could find no-one that knew how it could be done. When you changed the NVRAM, were there 2 chips? This was how my problem was resolved, one of the NVRAM chips contains the serial number (that appears to not be changeable), replace the NVRAM's one at a time. When I replaced the one that didn't hold the serial number it fixed it, Of course, it may be different on this model.

Corne

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I tried to find a way to change that on an MPC2050 a few months ago and could find no-one that knew how it could be done. When you changed the NVRAM, were there 2 chips? This was how my problem was resolved, one of the NVRAM chips contains the serial number (that appears to not be changeable), replace the NVRAM's one at a time. When I replaced the one that didn't hold the serial number it fixed it, Of course, it may be different on this model.
    Hi Debs
    Unfortunately this is one of the new controllers that has the NVRAM circuit with the battery attached.
    I logged a ticket with Ricoh and hope they will be able to supply the relevant information. It just takes so long!!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

The number for the MPC300 controller is M0265713 and the NVRAM: M0269590 according to the manual.

That Novita story rings a bell - I had the same on an MP4002. If the BCU and controller serials don't match, the machine will issue that code! AFAIK that number is stored in the NVRAM of the controller, and is written on first startup - it cannot be changed even in factory mode!