Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Toner black problem Mpc3000

Re: Toner black problem Mpc3000

Quote Originally Posted by rtiql8n View Post
    I swapped pumps to see if it was a pump problem. After I swapped them I checked for toner delivery in the DV units. Both pumps that I swapped are working fine. All bottles rotate fine as well.
    Then you most likely have a clogged or pinched hose. There are a couple of bulletins concerning pinched hoses and what to do to prevent them.

Exclamation Re: Toner black problem Mpc3000

But I am getting toner to the DV unit.

Cool Re: Toner black problem Mpc3000

Quote Originally Posted by rtiql8n View Post
    But I am getting toner to the DV unit.
    So this morning, I did a sp3045, calibrated the copier and exited the sp3045. Rebooted the copier and I now have a happy copier properly displaying all of it's flavors! No idea why but, I'm going to run with it. Thanks for your help everyone.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

A flaky RFID board can cause the same symptoms...

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Swapped a pump with a used one with another colored toner inside of it? Are you crazy? :-0

Hey guys,
    I solved the problem with the pump. But I do not know how to help. The whole problem is the rubber roller inside the pump (the same as the mechanism of the waste toner 550, 551, 1051, ...) which eventually fainted and metal stirrer can not rotate in the rubber roller, and consequently the shaft with gear and actuator sensor. I found accidentally manufacturer (Made in China), which produces only rubber rollers. Replace them and solve the problem for 5-7 euros.
    Cheers

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

For the 'original poster', firstly 3045 does not 're-set' anything. It simply switches off the toner end detection. Your fuel tank is empty, and the gauge is falsely made to show full. Ok for a day or so until the toner in the dev gets depleted and the copy starts fading away. And it doesn't 'not see' the new toner, it fails to load it and remains on the 'loading toner' stage. Agree with everyone re replacing the pump.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bob marley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dumus View Post
    Hey guys,
    I solved the problem with the pump. But I do not know how to help. The whole problem is the rubber roller inside the pump (the same as the mechanism of the waste toner 550, 551, 1051, ...) which eventually fainted and metal stirrer can not rotate in the rubber roller, and consequently the shaft with gear and actuator sensor. I found accidentally manufacturer (Made in China), which produces only rubber rollers. Replace them and solve the problem for 5-7 euros.
    Cheers

I have used those Chinese rubber rollers more than once but quickly fails, it is better to replace the pump
    Live for yourself and you will live in vain. Live for others, and you will live again

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I had this twice in the last week. I cheat front door interlock and see if I can feel the black toner bottle turning on and off while it is loading toner. Then I check the value of the black developer toner density sensor in service mode 3201. If it is a high value (above 2.50, I see them above 3.50 when real low), then the toner level is low in the dev unit. I then look in the dev unit toner entrance to see if there is any toner packed in there, if not, the pump solves issue every time. If packed with toner, either dev unit isn't turning or the TD sensor is bad. After changing the pump you can check 3201 again to make sure the TD sensor value is going lower.