Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a

Quote Originally Posted by collme View Post
    So can we all give deb some rep as she diagnosed it then
    Thanks, there's no need though, just happy to help. I know that this is quite a common problem and not immediately obvious if you've never had it before. I've had it on MPC3500 family, MP2550 family and MP171 family machines (for those of us that work for the manufacturer it's a good telephone fix too)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a 2nd

Re: Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a

Darned if the "Add Toner" problem didn't come back so went out today with another tech. There was no door open symbol or icon in the lower left, but just in case I opened everything and closed it again. We took out the toner hopper and it appeared that toner was clogged inside where it travels to the drum/dv unit. I had not seen this before when I took it out to inspect, I should have. Even after cleaning it it still showed add toner again for a couple of more times. But opening and closing the lower right door does make the machine cycle and finally it took and we ran a couple hundred copies with no more "Add Toner" message. So the suggestion to replace the toner hopper may have been the correct one in this case. Interestingly, from the beggining it always said an independent toner is installed when for I know for sure it is not, it even says Genuine Ricoh right on the toner and it was in the clear plastic witht the little silica powder pack in a Ricoh carton, just like all of them, so I know it must be genuine. Said the same thing with a second toner I tried. Other tech was saying maybe these toners have an expiration date programmed in the chip and after it ends it says this, but I don't know about that, anyone heard of that? I didn't want to argue...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Set SP 5051 to off to clear the independant toner supply message

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh C2550 / Savin C9025 Add Toner displayed when it is a new toner and tried a 2nd

Thank you Debs for that tip! I wonder why the machine is saying that when it is definitely a genuine toner....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The machine will report a non genuine toner if a toner-end status has been perviously written to the chip on the toner bottle (even an erroneous one caused by a faulty hopper or pump/hose)

On some newer models we have even seen toners reported as non genuine when being moved from one machine to another in the workshop.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

My signature says it all.
    Kudos to Debs.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?