Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    visi6630

afficio 2051 "Please Wait"

I'm having a very strange problem with my Ricoh Afficio 2051. After start up it works fine for the first job(1 page or 1000 pages job is the same) but after that it displays Please Wait. If i give order for a second job it just stays "Please wait, printing will start after warming up". if i shut it down and start up again it will work fine again only for the first job.
    It occasionally displays the SC345 code but I don't think it has something to do with this problem.
    Hope someone has had this problem before and will be able to help me.
    Thank you!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: afficio 2051 "Please Wait"

Try to clean the PCU and drum potential sensor, if not , have a try to replace the BCU board.

visi6630

Quote Originally Posted by ccchuah View Post
    Try to clean the PCU and drum potential sensor, if not , have a try to replace the BCU board.
    The drum is new, the fuser roller is new. It works like a charm for the first job, the machine has over 2million copies but works fine. the problem occurred after the machine was not being used for 3 weeks.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

x2 for cleaning of the Drum Potential Sensor (coomon problem with this series).

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    How about the HDD?? Had simulary problem... anyway 2mil copy was high. The highest copyier we got at mpc 205x is about 500.000 and we think it,s time to replace it we talk about max 5-7k copiers/month...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

, have a try to replace the BCU board.
    I don't know the 2051, however on any machine any suspicion of faulty PCB's and advise to replace, is oh so difficult. You need to have another identical model machine available to you to yank the board and replace on the faulty machine to confirm the problem is solved. Not a lot of customers will allow you to take a board from their machine to try on another. And I for one, would not want to order a new board, at a cost of hundreds of whatever currency, for the possible chance that it is the BCU (or whatever else). Who pays if it ain't the said board ? It is usually the time to prepare them for replacing the machine.

How about the HDD??
    If there is a HDD problem shouldn't it throw an SC code ?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    If there is a HDD problem shouldn't it throw an SC code ?
    Nah, I'd say 75% of "Please Wait" problems are HDD related. Bad or corrupted sectors are the usual cause. It's only the newer kit that actually displays solid HDD sc's, the older kit gave ones like 672 etc.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I forgot to mention in the earlier post, that with HDD, any suspicion of course is easily confirmed by simply disconnecting the drive, whereas with the PCB you need to find a replacement to confirm.

visi6630

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    I forgot to mention in the earlier post, that with HDD, any suspicion of course is easily confirmed by simply disconnecting the drive, whereas with the PCB you need to find a replacement to confirm.

So, will it work the same without the HDD. I use this machine only as a photocopy and a printer so i do not need the HDD very much.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Without the HDD it will have some limitations depending on the machine, maybe the duplex won't show on the panel, or some such, BUT it will go ready and you will know where the fault lay.