Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 4500 dirty copies

The easiest fix for these machines is to go back to the 1035/1045 dev (type 18)

The dev works perfectly with they toner type 4500A and the mag roller never gets build up on it.

I have been doing this for 2.5 years now with no issue at all and the devices have been going to 150K with no sign of copy quality at all.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aikens View Post
    Thank you rthonpm;

Di you mean the newer style developer??? Is there a new toner??

Can I get away with just cleaning the mag roller or replace? I read about techs cleaning with RainX, I assume it helps prevent developer from sticking?

I have never used any kind of solvent on a mag roller. Just scrub with your cleaning rags or paper towels. You might LIGHTLY scrub with a scotch brite pad but that can be perilous if you get to aggressive.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Quote Originally Posted by M0scb View Post
    The developer was not the problem. There was too much wax in the toner, hence the MP4500"A" to indicate the modified less wax bottles. Usually once the machine was on the new bottles and a developer replacement was performed they would run cleaner. Are you putting paper between the hopper and the pcu when you set the dev up? If this is not blocked while set up is running, more toner is added to the dev unit causing it to over tone. I found this does make a difference when I had the issue.
    The corect Toner to solve problems is Type 4500E it is standard for ffollow up modells change the order number for this machines and it will help u

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1 View Post
    I have never used any kind of solvent on a mag roller. Just scrub with your cleaning rags or paper towels. You might LIGHTLY scrub with a scotch brite pad but that can be perilous if you get to aggressive.
    Actually, if you can find "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" brand sponges, you might try using them to clean mag rollers. They have worked well for us for a while. And they are useful for cleaning up other stuff as well.

On the other hand, is there any chance this is a drum ground problem? That's caused me grief like this a few times, although not on this model.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 03-29-2013 at 02:03 AM. Reason: More information

Just further to this discussion...we've been modding and fitting the SP 8200A printer PCDU to this range of m/c without issue....bugger rebuilding those dirty pieces of shite..!!!
    You just swap the front plates of the unit over...dump the contents of the pre-loaded dev capsule into the dev unit and away you go.
    As per usual the price difference between printer unit vs rebuild is negligible and the time factor is about half.