Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MPC 3300 negative K toner value

Hi all. I've got a D025 that has an intermittant "add toner black" condition. I replaced the pump and vacuumed the tube. I then disabled the add toner indication. Machine runs fine with good CQ (hundreds of prints). Reenabled sp 3045 and the add toner light comes on again after 30 or 40 copies with a full good cartridge installed. I found that sp 3101-9 (K toner remaining) is a NEGATIVE value. It was like -715. I did an engine ram clear (reluctantly) and it brought that value down to -230. It did not reset to zero or +450 with a full cartridge installed. I think this value is causing my problem. How do I clear it? This problem originated with a faulty pump, and the customer kept slamming different cartridges into the machine thinking that was the problem resulting in a 3101-9 value that can't possibly exist. I hate to admit this, but I'm out of ideas at the moment, and I hope someone can give me an assist on this one.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: MPC 3300 negative K toner value

Here's an update on this machine. It is working normally now. The toner pump and supply nozzle were causing the add toner condition. The negative "toner remaining" value was FINALLY reset to 450g with the installation of a 3rd new toner cartridge. The previous 2 had bad rfid chips, I guess. Customer is happy, and so am I. Way too much time spent on this repair. As a solitary tech, good time management is hugely important.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Here's an update on this machine. It is working normally now. The toner pump and supply nozzle were causing the add toner condition. The negative "toner remaining" value was FINALLY reset to 450g with the installation of a 3rd new toner cartridge. The previous 2 had bad rfid chips, I guess. Customer is happy, and so am I. Way too much time spent on this repair. As a solitary tech, good time management is hugely important.
    Glad you got it worked out Mika. I'm in the same boat as you as a solitary tech. I feel your pain when those seemingly 'never-ending' calls come about. They can really disrupt a schedule.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    If the problem comes back, the PCB:RFID:RW board part number D0295175 may have been damaged by the customer slamming different cartridges into the machine.