Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts jam-o-matic's Avatar

Re: MP C4503 Transfer belt walked and torn!?

Quote Originally Posted by techsass View Post
    Met up with a tech today with the same thing. I found the front finisher bracket screw was pushing against the ITB frame.
    I'll go back and check ours for this - glad you found this, but really pissed Ricoh may have mis-fired AGAIN!!??

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C4503 Transfer belt walked and torn!?

Quote Originally Posted by techsass View Post
    Met up with a tech today with the same thing. I found the front finisher bracket screw was pushing against the ITB frame.
    Ricoh ships most external finishers with mount brackets and screws for multiple machines. Usually there are two different screws. They are of different length. I usually use the shorter screws unless they don't catch a bite into the frame.

With Ricoh moving the duplexor insude to gain two inches of footprint reduction, there is little room left inside for anything with a screw that is too long, even if only by half the thickness of a flat washer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Check the gears and cams in the front of the transfer cleaning unit. One on newish c4503 of mine there was something worn out so much that a cam wasn't rotating enough, causing the whole transfer cleaning unit to pack completely full of toner.
    I apologize I can't remember in more detail what exactly it was, but if you remove the t-clean unit and take off the covers on the front, you can check that everything there looks right.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Ricoh ships most external finishers with mount brackets and screws for multiple machines. Usually there are two different screws. They are of different length. I usually use the shorter screws unless they don't catch a bite into the frame.

With Ricoh moving the duplexor insude to gain two inches of footprint reduction, there is little room left inside for anything with a screw that is too long, even if only by half the thickness of a flat washer.
    ++1 on that. There WAS a Ricoh tech bulletin (tech Pub for the IKON guys) regarding this. A lot of the time the machine are unpacked and screws discarded, then tech uses whatever they can find. The longer screws gouge out the transfer belt. I only set up a few of the latest Metis boxes, but was NOT impressed by the flimsy and light construction they have.