Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jworth

Angry Richo Aficio 270 - Misfeed Error

Hello,

Recently our work copier came up with a misfeed error "C" which is a paper jam/misfeed near the duplex drawer. After removing all paper from every drawer, powering off/on the copier and checking the portion of the misfeed several times the code will not clear. There are no more misfeeds there and we are suppose to be getting an upgraded model but will need to use this copier before then.

Is there a code of some sort to in a sense reset the error codes and or misfeed codes. I tried the "Yellow Clear Modes"/1 0 7/ Stop for 4 seconds and could not find an option on the Service panel screen to do this for me.

Any help is appreciated thanks!

You possibly have Paper Remnants still inside Machine.
    You should not enter into Diagnostics as an End User as this is nothing to do with your problem.
    Call Engineer ! He can then Diagnose the problem.
    John
    UK

jworth
    As stated, we are getting the copier replaced soon and I was hoping there was just a simple way to clear the code. As I can see there is most likely not and we will just make do till the new copier comes. There is no real reason to have a tech come and fix it for something that we will only have for another week as it would probably take the tech 2-3 days just to get here.

Thanks.

Best of Luck !
    John
    UK

re

There is no reset for jams (other than to remove paper). You could remove drawers from machine, and look inside for remnants of paper. Maybe try turning machine off and on using red switch at knee level. If there is truly nothing blocking a jam sensor, then problem is likely a
    bad sensor.

Regards

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    Have you looked inside the fuser?

Open the interchange unit door and see if you can see a concertina of paper usually jammed behind one of the stripper pawls at the top of the fuser unit.

The only other thing I can think of on those machines is the exit sensor. if you take off the cover between the top of the output tray and the bottom of the scanner (one screw and a clip) right underneath is two photointerruptor sensors actuated by a plastic feeler, one is redundant unless you have a one bin tray fitted (usually fitted when you have the fax option) and the other one is the exit sensor. Check the operation of the feelers and if all else fails swap the sensors around and see how it goes.

jworth
    Well I looked at it a little closer and found that there is a compartment in the "C" area near the top that as a finger sensor type deal that was knocked out of place. Simply moved it back and it worked like a champ.

Thanks for all the help!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jworth View Post
    Hello,

Recently our work copier came up with a misfeed error "C" which is a paper jam/misfeed near the duplex drawer. After removing all paper from every drawer, powering off/on the copier and checking the portion of the misfeed several times the code will not clear. There are no more misfeeds there and we are suppose to be getting an upgraded model but will need to use this copier before then.

Is there a code of some sort to in a sense reset the error codes and or misfeed codes. I tried the "Yellow Clear Modes"/1 0 7/ Stop for 4 seconds and could not find an option on the Service panel screen to do this for me.

Any help is appreciated thanks!
    There's a sensor flag in the interchange unit (location C) on these machines that is quite easily banged loose if you're not careful while clearing jams. Look inside the "C" door and see if you can see a little plastic flag in the middle of the unit that's shaped like a wedge of Dairylea. If not, it's disappeared inside the unit and will need and engineer to replace it.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.