Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SPC232DN

SPC232DN

I have an SPC232dn that is saying "replace black print cartridge" when the customer has done that it still says it, looked up bulletin M035/M036 – 005 REISSUE and it talks about the interlock switches, this does not appear to be my problem, the arm is not broken and the switches are making contact just fine, machine won't even let me go into the configuration or service mode in the SOM to see if there is a way to reset or tell the machine to ignore the toner cartridge indicator. this is the printer version not the mfp so is there any other way to get into the SP modes? tried powering on holding down the stop/start and the escape keys for 10 seconds, either I'm doing it wrong or that's not the way or the cartridge error won't let me to that either. any thoughts? like to get this fixed and hopefully not waste another cartridge.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    SPC232DN

Re: SPC232DN

Quote Originally Posted by thecopyist View Post
    I have an SPC232dn that is saying "replace black print cartridge" when the customer has done that it still says it, looked up bulletin M035/M036 – 005 REISSUE and it talks about the interlock switches, this does not appear to be my problem, the arm is not broken and the switches are making contact just fine, machine won't even let me go into the configuration or service mode in the SOM to see if there is a way to reset or tell the machine to ignore the toner cartridge indicator. this is the printer version not the mfp so is there any other way to get into the SP modes? tried powering on holding down the stop/start and the escape keys for 10 seconds, either I'm doing it wrong or that's not the way or the cartridge error won't let me to that either. any thoughts? like to get this fixed and hopefully not waste another cartridge.
    Sorry, but this POS isn't a Ricoh manufactured box! I think it's a brother or something else. It's procedures are NOT standard Ricoh, you need the manual.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SPC232DN

See this thread for how to enter SP mode from the panel. Ricoh aficio spc231n service mode

My guess is that the problem has to do with the ID chip on the side of the print cartridge or the ID Chip board on the machine.

You are not using a cartridge that has been in another machine, are you? On some machines there is a portion of the ID chip on the cartridge that resets the message. Once it has been inserted in another machine, that function is cleared from the cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    See this thread for how to enter SP mode from the panel. Ricoh aficio spc231n service mode

My guess is that the problem has to do with the ID chip on the side of the print cartridge or the ID Chip board on the machine.

You are not using a cartridge that has been in another machine, are you? On some machines there is a portion of the ID chip on the cartridge that resets the message. Once it has been inserted in another machine, that function is cleared from the cartridge.
    Thank you, appreciate your response, I did see that thread and it was helpful but the SOM won't let me into configuration, button is greyed out I assume because of the "replace black cartridge" error, I do not know whether customer had put cartridge in another unit, that's something to consider, waiting on new cartridge now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerbomb View Post
    Sorry, but this POS isn't a Ricoh manufactured box! I think it's a brother or something else. It's procedures are NOT standard Ricoh, you need the manual.
    Thank you, I have the manual